Reviews for "Save Da Hyrule!"

As soon as Zelda's voice started changing I kinda lost it, very funny after that! The beginning was a little weak. That being said great work, love the animation. Oh and as for your response to earlier reviews, maybe a little rude haha but totally valid. I don't think you should feel the need to apologize

MrChambers responds:

Hey thanks man! And i sent him a message apologizing, my response was super un-called for! I still have some growing up to do in terms of taking criticism.

Animation and visuals were great. The voice acting was as good as it could be for this type of video I feel.
The humor isn't for me, though. I personally feel the whole "haha, the words are pronounced wrong" jokes are getting old, but as long as it made yourselves laugh.
Great video overall!

MrChambers responds:

Yea totally, Im starting to realize that if I would have put more effort into the writing this could have been way better. But we did have fun making it at least!

This is so cute!! I love the different styles, and Link's struggle to put his shoes on is the fucking best. He is a true hero of timeadfasdfgbvfb~! <3

haha thanks Jesse!

I really liked the animation and where it went, but after reading the reply of the comments I downvoted some stars. I get that it can be hard to take criticism after a long animationwork, but being rude about it when it's polite is nothing that will get one far...

MrChambers responds:

Kind of missing the point of what a review is, but ok fair enough!

While I subscribe to the idea that everything is derivative in one way or another and therefore don't share Z3R0R3Z' opinion that there's anything wrong with parodies, I have to agree with him to an extent. I watched this earlier today and didn't so much as smirk at any of the attempts at jokes throughout it and rewatching it has had no different a result. Humor is subjective, of course and I'm not usually one to leave reviews entailing myself droning on about not finding a Flash funny for exactly that reason, but in the case of this one, the joke where Zelda lifts her skirt and tells the fat dream Link that she wants him to fuck her strikes me as text book Flash Animator innuendo-filled goofiness that has been a paradigm in internet cartoons for a long time at this point (not implying plagiarism of course, but more of utilizing a very common trope that has arguably been pushed to exhaustion). The second segment flows really nicely, but it drags about a lot; its kind of a Family Guy-esque joke.

You and TopSpintheFuzzy are amazingly talented and inspiring fellows and I'm honestly always enthralled to see anything from either of you two that allows me to see showcases of your fantastic art and animation. I don't think it makes any sense to rate on the basis of whether humor landed, because I think that it makes sense to judge how a cartoon is put together on a fundamental level, since that can actually be remedied; in my view, this knocks every factor out of the park in that respect. The animation, voices, backgrounds, and story structure in this are all nice and polished. I just think there's no harm in holding your writing process to scrutiny during production and taking in critique without inimically dismissing it. I understand that this kind of stuff can take copious amounts of time to make and to release it only to be met with so much as an inkling of a claim toward unoriginality is almost preordained to get on a creator's bad side, but sometimes, even reviews that seem to be written by blithering idiots at face value can be worth taking with a grain of salt.

That doesn't mean that I'm not a blithering idiot as well and shouldn't fuck off; sorry for the block of text. I haven't had much sleep and will probably regret whatever it is I'm on about right now should I ever read it again; I just felt compelled to type something when the first thing I stumbled upon when I scrolled down to read the comments and the first one I saw with a reply consisted of a polite critic being shot down; there's a difference between entitlement and critique; you can deliver whatever you can conjure up and whether to consider, dismiss, or even hearken to input is entirely up to you. You can and should do whatever resonates with you with your work and someone expounding their opinion on it doesn't tacitly or overtly imply that you're expected to provide anything else.

Fuck me and fuck this review. You guys are beautiful; keep it up.

MrChambers responds:

Hey man thanks for the very long and polite review. It was a good read and you have a lot of good points in there! And after reading this i'm starting to think my response to Z3R0R3Z was an over reaction. However I still disagree with his critiq, even though he might have been trying to help. And I know I sound stubborn in saying so but I just don't think there is much I can do with "this animation is textbook" Or the fact that he says I might even be imitating other creators. Cause the truth is, its just not true! I also don't think I was "playing it too damn easy", I just wanted to make a stupid cartoon where some random guy shouts at link.