Reviews for "Dreary Asylum"

I got trapped in the room with the dentist chair, it wouldn't let me out without the purple key, this happened more than once. where's a locksmith when I need one? Had to start over. Otherwise another good SelfDefiant game. So I'm still givin' out 10/10.

Update: I noticed the screwdriver on my next playthrough. I'm not proud of myself, lol.

Hello,

Thank you for playing the game and for your comment. Did you notice that at the bottom of the dentist chair, there is a screwdriver... the screwdriver needed to be used on the vent and inside of the vent was the famous purple key.

Best regards,

I really enjoyed this game! The room with the dentist chair was a new twist and a refreshing one. Another great game made by Selfdefiant. Thank you WorldEscapeGames for this great game.

Thank you for playing!

Don't listen to the last person, they obviously don't know what they are talking about. This is a great game and was created by the original Abandoned creator, Self Defiant. This game is right in line with the other games he makes, it's superb! It has so many great elements that make it totally original. Collecting orbs is his trademark. It's not his fault that other developers copy his style, names and then create cooking cutter games from them. You have mistaken those games for this. Keep up the excellent work and thank you World Escape Games for sponsoring such a great game!

WorldEscapeGames responds:

Thank you for your review and for playing! You are right, Selfdefiant is indeed the master of his domain.

Good but everything is just too obvious and too easy.

WorldEscapeGames responds:

Thank you for your review of our game.

Also got trapped in the dentist's chair room. Not too pleased with the solution, especially since you don't make it very clear that it isn't a bug. Perhaps inform the player that the door closed behind them?

The games you make are becoming too much of a pixel hunt. The puzzles in this one were bog easy, but I had to do the 'scan the room with your mouse to find something of interest' way too many times. This is especially offputting when you've got the little purple dots everywhere, which trigger your mouse, but you don't necessarily have the jar to collect them yet. This made the dentist's chair room particularly grating, as I had to find the screwdriver while being triggered by 4 or 5 purple dots.

I appreciate that you use photographs of real places, and its nice that stuff that is actually in the room and not photographically added is relevant. But in one room, a cupboard and a drain were both 'real' and right next to each other, which meant searching the room allowed you to think you, say, were just hovering over the cupboard when you were actually over the drain. And clicking over every 'real' thing is a next to impossible task, considering how much stuff is in there! The places are a huge mess.

WorldEscapeGames responds:

Thank you for you review and for playing our game.

However, I think that informing the player about the door would have killed the surprise.