Reviews for "Real American Test"

this little test was all false there are only 50 states in the u.s. for starters.

Munguia responds:

The phrase "51st state" can be used in a positive sense, meaning that a region or territory is so aligned, supportive, and conducive with the United States, that it is like a U.S. state. It can also be used in a pejorative sense, meaning an area or region is perceived to be under excessive USA cultural or military influence or control. if you dont know now you know

Thank to God, i just hope all the "americans", come on, you are United Statians (just a joke, we all are Newgrounders here) can take the fact that everyone in the continent is from America, also i thinked that the most populated city was Ciudad de Mexico, the reason im writhing this in my 3rd language(is my excuse for the grammar) is that the first only is valid in my country(spoken by 90%, unless you are a rich kid), the second still will have a lot of errors(español), im just ramblim here, i want to see more of you, seriusly you make good games, and sorry for the english.

Medal review: Another great medal list by Munguia! Medal for every question is great and it's sad to say I didn't figure out it meant North/South American and not just US American until about 5 questions in lol.

Buen questionario Munguia !
La verdad no entiendo como es que a alguien se le ocurre alegar que America del norte y America del sur son 2 cosas diferentes. Es como si dijeramos que Europa del este y Europa del oeste son 2 diferentes Europas.
Te dejo 5 estrellas por el mensaje de este juego.

I'm Canadian, and I'm afraid I'm going to have to disagree with the premise of this game.

"America" is not a continent. Even if you accept the point the game is trying to make, it is *two* continents. In English, those two continents are generally referred to as "The Americas", and never as "America". We like to think of continents as contiguous landmasses, but that simply isn't how we define them; Europe is connected to Asia, but it is not the continent of Eurasia, nor is the United Kingdom its own continent. Even if we did use that definition, the Panama Canal finalized that debate with nuclear bombs.

That may not be the case in other languages, but to be clear, what you are making is simply a semantic argument. "We are all Americans" may sound like a message of unity, but all it is is arguing over the definition of a word; in the end, it is a pointless position to take. Language is defined by its use, not logic.

And if we did, for some unfathomable reason, choose to call the two continents of North and South America "America", what precisely would be the word to refer to people whose nation of birth is the United States of America? United Statians? U. S. Americans? "Americans" suddenly isn't precise enough, and you don't have an alternative word for it.

Too long, didn't abbreviate: I'm not American.

Munguia responds: