Reviews for "Escape from the Planet of the Dravids"

Disable tabbing means when a player presses the tab button it will cycle through the clickable spots on the screen.

Great game.

Fun game! The puzzels were good without being overkill, and I thought the artwork was really nice. I was also impressed by the amount of stuff to do and places to explore, and enjoyed the music choices. It was pretty creative to make up your own symbols for the codes, which I thought was fitting for the setting of the game. Nice attention to detail and execution of ideas, and a very enjoyable game.

Maybe it's because I'm too used to those 5 minute long "escape" shovelware games, but I really enjoyed this game. The graphics were appealing, and the soundtrack was nice and unintrusive. Heck, I even liked the font. The puzzles with items were realistic and not contrived, and the other puzzles were well thought-out. I really liked the fact that multiple puzzles used the alien language.

If there's anything that I would suggest, it's adding in dialogue for using items in the incorrect spot, so that the player can recognize if they're doing things right. Also disabling tabbing would be a good idea. Finally, there's a typo when you click on the beehive before you knock it down ("The beehive it too high up to reach.")

Anyways, great work! I'm looking forward to whatever you do next.

Mantle responds:

Thanks for the feedback! I'm not sure what you mean by 'disabling tabbing' - what exactly is that? As for more feedback for using items in the wrong spot, I think that's a good idea but there are so many spots where people can use items for things. Were there any spots in particular where you felt that using a tool should have done something but it didn't work?

Fantastic game. Well made, entertaining, with a fine grasp of the genre. The music and the visuals served the game really well, and I won't hesitate to play any other such game you make.

I wasn't able to complete the game because I got stuck for half an hour, but the premise and game-play is always interesting leaving me want to finish the game.

Mantle responds:

I've put together a walk through so you can take a look there to see anything you may have missed: