Reviews for "Every Man's Refund"

Despite this being a parody, I feel it far exceeds the source material it is parodying. My reason is simple, I'm actually having fun playing this game! Compared to No Man's Sky which is a game that can have all of its mechanics figured out and mastered within a matter of hours without a single shred of challenge, this is actually fun to play. I always bitch about handholding in video games, but when a studio makes such an obnoxiously stupid game as No Man's Sky, I am legitimately disappointed without even playing the damn thing. I tip my hat to you and I hope you keep on doing these kinds of work that says what we're all thinking and isn't afraid of it.

It's not like Hello Games could DMCA this anyways seeing as the ASA has asked both the studio and Valve to get rid of the misleading ads and screenshots from every outlet and market place the game is sold at. Valve will most likely get rid of the game altogether because of the month long radio silence HG has had. As for Sean Murray, he'll be bankrupted before the end of the year. Look it up if you don't believe me.

Skudge responds:

Thank you! And yeah I hope he loses all the money he made from this "game"

10/10 and I need to recharge my life support, again :D

thanks ;)

Simply amazing

Thank you!

As far as "bad on purpose" parody games go, the controls were just annoying enough to keep me playing and the jabs and lampooning kept on coming at a breakneck pace. I don't understand how so many people got fooled and then got angry at No Man's Sky (seriously, have gamers never heard of 'scope'?) but I totally get the joke and it was told pretty well. There were a few control hiccups which I believe were unintentional (mostly to do with movement 'sticking' in a particular direction) but overall I could tell when I was being screwed with on purpose. Overall, pretty good.

Thank you!! :)

This is one of the best parodies of a game I have ever played. It was clever, well designed, and at times, had better traits than the original. The NMS references were hilarious and abundant enough to keep me playing for hours to enjoy them. The comedy side worked because it didn't force the player to it. The gold star achievements had their own charm because they're just as unnecessary and redundant as the original discovery system, therefore I won't count it as a flaw(But its annoying after the first galaxy).

Now if this game were on its own, as in polish, parodied controls removed, etc... I would buy it. I feel that this project was definitely one of your gems as I have played most of your games(and will review soon). Controls were finicky at most times, and I assume that it was on purpose as this is a parody. The easter eggs were plentiful and enjoyable to find. 4.5/5 for the amount of effort put into the game and the overall well execution.

"Glorious, one of the hidden gems of the internet." -PatatoHandSanitizer

Skudge responds:

Wow, thanks a lot! Appreciate that. Wondering what exactly about the controls you didn't like though. If you're referring to the "hold e to do whatever" thing on almost everything, yeah that was intentional.