Reviews for "Every Man's Refund"

Sadly did not change my mind about the game. And, I don't care how empty it is - It's a decent game that lets you explore a randomly-generated universe, letting you trade with other entities. You could be what you want to be - an explorer - without (almost) no-one interfering with your progress. That's what makes it great for me. Plus, as far as I know, it's in beta. Of course there's going to be some flaws.

TLDR; I'm still buying the game.

Skudge responds:

To each his own. It's definetly not in beta though. It's a full $60 game.

5 stars cant say much else

Thanks!

You realize you just made Starbound, right? Same as No Man's Sky, claims to have quadrillions of stars but the diversity is very few and so all of the game's content could be found in less than 1% of its universe. Starbound is way more affordable though, and there's quite a few more things to do than just mine and explore. If NMS were priced down to $20 it would have been a blockbuster.

Good game, though. Very very annoying the way you hold E to do anything, and the goddamn gold star spam that blocks the screen makes me rage. I died when starting out because I had no iron plate and there was no way of buying or acquiring one to repair my ship, so I let myself die and I respawn in the station or whatever it was. I flew around and blew up ships and asteroids, but couldn't land on planets when visiting them. Don't know how. Kind of gave up but I had fun for the 30 minutes, only to realize at some point I'd have done it all in a very short amount of time and have nothing left to do afterward.

Point taken. I knew the hype of NMS was too good to be true and avoided it all together. The fact Sean Murray spoke about the game constantly before its release and has become a ghost after is pretty much proof I need of his deception to the public.

Skudge responds:

Thanks for playing! And yeah I made the "hold e to do something" take a super long time on purpose, and the gold star stays up intentionally long and blocks you from doing anything else. Also just hold E to land your ship when on a planet.

I like how you mention in this game that you can store ships in the space hanger, yet in No Man's Sky, you can't even do that. I am a bit disappointed with No Man's Sky, it definitely isn't worth $60. There are a lot of cool things about it, but then there are other things that just make no sense, and one of them is that you have to completely abandon a ship when you want to get a new one. On top of that, Sean lied about so many things such as realistic planets rotating like a real planet, dynamic worlds, dynamic everything, yet none of that ended up in the real game. There certainly is a gigaton of planets, which seems to be the only thing that actually made it into the game, oh and there is procedurally generated terrain and worlds, etc but not a whole lot to do after you upgrade your ship a lot.

Ya nailed it.

"I will admit I could have delayed it and polished it more (AKA gutted all the content out)"

If this was based on No mans sky, there was never any content to begin with.

Skudge responds:

Hahaha you're right this has at least as much content as the actual game, meaning it's empty as fuck