Reviews for "Resident Evil Ebola"

It's a interesting idea of game, but it's very similar to something I played before. I still like it.

Theres a annoying bug, when you try to go to the left when its supposed to be blocked, normally it just block you, but it trapped me there and I needed to reload the game at the beginning and begin all over again twice! The game load it's too slow to keep reloading every single time.
Hope it can be solved soon, I liked the game. Resident Evil + Metal Slug = Love!, in my opinion.

MetaMike responds:

I'm sorry for the inconvenience, PM if you can so I can get to the bottom of specifically where this happens, I don't want these annoying technicalities to get in the way of people enjoying this game.

My three biggest complaints with this tribute (which for the rest is overall decently done, mind you) are :

1) There's little point to using the gun until you've upgraded it with the explosive bullets because the combat knife, while riskier, does kill enemies way faster;

2) I feel like the hit-boxes for the enemies are a bit wack, when you stab them with a knife, they can easily damage you from a few "meters" away even if their sprite doesn't touch the player character's in any way. Same kinda goes for when you shoot them. Sometimes it shows blood, confirming a hit, but more often it doesn't making me personally unsure if the bullet hit registered or not;

3) Out of all the upgrades, I don't see why you would not buy the explosive rounds once you can, as all the other options are inferior unless you fancy a challenge.

And one last minor complaint is, there wasn't enough shotgun ammo in this chapter to even justify really using it which is a shame. My point being is that way it feels useless if you can just use the handgun (with much more ammo to find around for) in combination with the knife.

Anyhoo, all that said, I'll be awaiting a second chapter. Can you already tell me if it will carry over saves from this one?

MetaMike responds:

Thank you Winmugen, as always your reviews are helpful to each precise detail ! Things may be a bit out of sync and wacky, I can assure you this will be fixed with future installments, the explosive rounds definitely make things easier and all else useless, Thanks for the review my friend.

It's obvious that a lot of effort was put into this game but... since it's not your first one... it has A LOT of flaws.
1. The screen is tiny... Game doesn't look bad but well... I can't really see it close enough.
2. You've put this much effort and still you've used random font from MS Paint? Or something that looks like it.
3. At the beginning it feels like cutscenes interrupt like every 10 seconds of the gameplay.
4. Controls... pick up with Enter and extra key for shooting upwards? Really?

MetaMike responds:

The font used was the closest to the resident evil games I could find, assuming you haven't played them btw. I actually had to search and download that font, also it varies depending on if you have the font downloaded or not. I notice a handful of different computers and such project their own font into the game so you may be seeing a different font from the one I used.

The screen being small is a valid complaint, that's something I've been thinking of enlarging but then again we all have the zoom function available as well.

Also you can skip the cutscenes at any point with Enter. It says it in game but perhaps I need to emphasize that more as well.

As for the controls I haven't had any complaints at all regarding that but enter does pretty much everything and W shoots upwards but you rarely have to shoot upwards so I can't see that being much of an issue. Thanks for the feedback.

yeah i got stuck after i put in the wrong password so yeah