Reviews for "An Astronaut's Daydream"

Hey Condor, it's me Paco158 :3. U know me. GG getting front-paged! I love the song :L. I may use this for a level. Great job!

MollusK-Music responds:

Yo, thanks for the GG and I'm glad you like the song. You can use this is anything you want, and I'd be really happy if you chose to.

Cheers c:

This is outstanding and original. Or at least much much more original than what I usually make XD
Anyway, I absolutely love your melodies and chords and you pulled off a very emotional feel to the song. Your mixing and mastering aren't really top notch, but nothing is offputting at all (I shouldn't really be talking because I don't even try to master at all).
The only distracting thing is that the main snare isn't loud enough and it doesn't really function like a normal snare should.
other than that, amazing track, dude ;)
i think you should check out the artist SVMMIT (mrfaller on ng)

MollusK-Music responds:

I completely agree on the mixing/mastering front. I'm still updating the mastering to make it better, along with some other changes to make it less repetitive. I don't personally like having loud, cracking snares in my songs (With the exception of dubstep). But, that's just my personal take, so I completely understand where you are coming from. Nevertheless, I really appreciate the kind words on this one. I am always looking for things I do well so I can keep doing them. So it really helps when you tell me what you like/dislike. So, Thanks!

I'll make sure to check out SVMMIT on my next audio excursion. I have my own recommendations for you. If you like this type of music, you should definitely check out Hyper Potions and Deon Custom on Youtube and Soundcloud.

Thanks again, man. Cheers c:

Oh, man. This is fabulous. I DEFINITELY think this is your best work. Like, holy moly. I favorited this right away, and I'm probably going to be listening to this track for the next 1,000,000 or so years. BTW, I just found out you're GMD Condor. WHaT. ThE FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU? Yo... This is amazing. Your music making skills are even better than your awesome GMD level making skills! GG!

MollusK-Music responds:

Haha, thank you so much. Yeah I take a lot more pride in my music than in Geometry Dash. Granted, I still have a lot of fun with the game, I just get more enjoyment out of this. I'm really happy you like the song, be sure to look out for more future bass from me. I am having a lot of fun with the genre.

Cheers c:

Okay, we're going to skip the pleasantries: this was fricking amazing. I'm a fan of future bass, especially Jumper, who's style is similar to this (and that's one of the highest compliments I can give you, trust me). It isn't particularly "catchy" or melodic in the traditional sense, but that's okay, it's not required. The sidechaining is epic, and all of the sounds were really amazing and fit the mood really well. If you don't mind me paparazzi-ing you with a few questions, 1) where did you get the drums from? 2) are all the synths from Serum? If not, what else did you use? and 3) what was that awesome Time Lapse-like water drop sound you had from?

Anyway, my only criticism was that the outro was, like, 3 times longer than it needed to be, and in general the piece was somewhat repetitive (there weren't really distinct melodic sections that you might find in really excellent future bass. I refer you again to Jumper; "To World's End" is a great example of the distinct sections thing). But I can overlook that because this is so fabulous.

Cheers man c:

MollusK-Music responds:

I really appreciate the compliments and comparison to Jumper! Before I get too much Into anything, I want to let you know that I am in the process of remastering this and changing the parts that sounded a little odd. Also the repetition is being worked on, and almost done. I am planning to do a whole lot more future bass and I hope to get better each time, so if this was good then I am clearly improving, so thanks again. That really motivates me.

Now to answer your questions:

1. They are all a little bit changed by myself to sound better in general. The kick came from a pack I have as well as the clap. The little rim-shot I used to replace the snare is stock in FL and I also used it in "Inner Machinations" The hats are also stock and given some effects.

2. Yes, every sound in here was made from scratch in Serum; Bass, Chords, Pads, Plucks. It is my absolute favourite synthesizer, without question.

3. It was from an FX loop I've had on my computer for a while. It has a bunch of vocal chops, and other sounds, but the droplet sound stood out, so I simply chopped it out of the other stuff.

I don't ever mind answering questions, so it's not trouble at all.

Cheers to you as well c:

The atmosphere of the song gives me chills instant follower

MollusK-Music responds:

Wow, thanks! I really appreciate the sentiment.