Reviews for "hitBox"

The concept and the art for the game were super. I agree with some comments that it wasn't clearly explained as to what the controls are. I figured them out, and that process did feel like a puzzle game--but other people might want a good tutorial to explain it.

The UI really did take a while to load. Same for the level completion to trigger; any particular why it felt slow? The game itself has a nice pace, so those slow transitions can be jarring.

Anyways, it was an excellent game. I am going to keep an eye on all the work you put out in the future.

whileworking responds:

Thanks a lot. Well, the game is using some graphic effects and some CPU, so you might have to close some other windows/apps in order to run it at full frameRate. My aim was to keep the tuts simple and without texts to comply with the overall style. Yes, you gotta think a little to figure out, but there are no other ways to solve the tutorial levels than followin it.

I guess I'm going to show bias by saying I didn't enjoy this because I wasn't good at it. Even looking at the walkthrough, I couldn't understand it. Level 5 is the one I can't get past. It just doesn't seem that interesting to really care about. I guess the layout is nice. The music isn't bad.

It just did little for me. I need more straightforward gameplay. Well, maybe this was too straightforward. It just had little variety. It wasn't rewarding.

whileworking responds:

Cannot really agree on the variety point. But it's ok, it just isn't your kinda game.

Its fun and enjoyable. A nice game to just relax and play.

whileworking responds:

Thank you, that's the thing hitBox was made for.

Making it an aiming/timing issue made this not a puzzle game at all.

The art and sound was ok. The UI was bad because of the long delay in between attempts.

The mechanics were just annoying.

whileworking responds:

Ok, guess that just wasn't the right game for you. The mechanics actually work pretty fine but yes, it is rather a "skill" game with some puzzle elements than a pure "puzzle" game. "Puzzle - Toss" was still the most suitable genre to choose. Sorry for the misunderstanding here ;)

awesome game!