Reviews for "Apocashop"

I think it´s the best game of the month!, i noticed it was inspired in Papers Please. Good story, graphics, mechanics, music; and it´s pretty original too!. I was playing it for an hour already... Keep on the good work!

Brilliantly executed gameplay! Being able to choose whether or not you can take a risk and be rewarded or keep your winnings makes me feel like i'm gambling at a casino! It took me a couple of tries but I finally got a 3.5 Rating from the king! I walked away satisfied (PRO TIPS FOR NEW PLAYERS: GET THE DOG, SELL THE ORB (40), AND TRY AND MAKE SURE YOU HAVE ENOUGH FOR TAXES) Once again, amazing game, 5/5 Added to favorites.

I like where this is going, but it could use some improvement.
One major thing is that I have no reason to dislike the king, and so have no real reason to want to support the rebels. To me it just seems like the king is just wanting to collect taxes. just saying I'm "forced" to pay doesn't really make me resent him.
Maybe that whole aspect is best tobe cut and replaced? It seems too close to papers please, but hey its all good if you can make it work...

It would also help to be a bit more invested in the world itself. Why do I want to help the heroes? Wouldn't preventing them from winning help my business a bit by prolonging the need for people to fight against them? Just dinging me with "repair fees" isnt quite good enough. It mechanically motivates me, but not thematically.

Great game, just too short.

wish it was a bit longer though.boring ending too.