Reviews for "Dandy Cave Explorer"

Oh my goodness, the intensity was IN there. Some levels got me on the edge of my seat.
The buildup towards the end where you need to nail every single jump was there alright.
Fantastic game! (I like the yakuza haircut of the character, btw)

Anyway, back to the review:
Only having a single button to press is a big risk to take in any game, but for this one it works out perfectly.
The premise of the player not having control over where the character walks is also a great risk, which is again done perfectly.
The levels themselves are tough, but not impossible, although sometimes you really have to figure out where you need to jump and where you don't. An example of this is the level where you have to guide the small slime towards the bottom of the level so that you can use it to jump to the platforms next to it. Genius! (I had to retry that one about thirty times before I even noticed that you had to bring the slime down with you).
One point I would recommend to change is the music after a set amount of levels. Although it is good music, it gets a bit too repetitive after you have played about 10 levels.
The boss battle waas also very exhillarating. I was focussing really hard to nail every single jump and still failed about 50 times (roughly). One point I would recommend here, is that you make the big slima actually *do* something. I saw it breaking platforms alright, but if you make a single mistake in the level, you die anyways, so the big slime itself is actually not doing much. So I would recommend you give it a special move of sorts, to make it more like a boss, you know?

Sorry for the huge bag of text.
Fantastic game!

P.S. Did you make this in Game Maker? I recognize some elements from it. Just curious.

Primajin responds:

Thanks for that. No need to apologize, detailed feedback is always welcome :) - It's not actually Gamemaker studio, it was made in Construct 2.

Loved the sequel and I shared it on reddit. :)
There are some positive comments meant for you:

Primajin responds:

Ah thanks bud :) - Haha that carbonmade website is like super outdated, I should really update it!

Good game, but the controls were not responsive for me at times. I tried with the mouse and the space bar, and still at some points when I clicked/pressed he didn't jump. [I'm using chrome, if that has anything to do with it].

I loved how simple and gorgeous the graphics and soundtrack are.
Also, I was very surprised that I didn't see unfair levels. Yes, some of them were tough, but I could say that it was totally my fault and not game's.
Good job! :)

I don't understand why you can't restart levels with a simple keypress, like 'r' or something. Very frustrating on some levels.

Also, when a player tries to jump very very soon before touching the ground, it should still work. It's just one of those things platformers generally do. It feels rigid and unpolished otherwise.