Reviews for "The D.O.E.S"

Im fucking terrible at MineSweeper, never liked it, thought it was a BS game.

But damn youve made it somewhat tolerable! Kudos for that!
Gameplay is interesting, graphics are tight, and the audio is fantastic.

All around a great edition to a game I fucking hate.

Its a fun game very challenging.
Here are some suggestions.
-fix the luck portion of the game. Either have it where you dont get increments of 1 or lower down the requirements, what you have it as now make the fun things impossible
-add health regen? Have a way to regen health so you dont die every second encounter, maybe +1 health after every tile clicked
-slow down the enemies, they fly around the screen like theyre on speed, the only way to defeat them is to take damage.

Otherwise pretty addictive pretty fun.

Surn responds:

"- remove the "dont eat" portion of combat either slow the enemy or remove this, you should still be able to dish out damage while the enemy is attacking, it doesnt really make sense why they dont take damage while attacking."

I agreed with this somewhat. Enemies now always take damage on contact... on the ABS version. Thanks.

unusual...

Definitely something i've never played before so thats a big plus, but you should see that you balance it out, i rarely get passed 5 fights before losing the game. Maybe im just clumsy and other users could do better, but you definitely must work on the difficulty.

From a design point there are a lot of areas you could improve to make the game more enjoyable to the rogue-like community.

Your combat is really unenjoyable at most levels of attack power. They weren't overly challenging, just tedious and repetitive. This is especially true while you have 1 attack.

The dungeon map has almost no choices in panel selection. The mine sweeper panels and the nice ghost are both the only good elements of design at that phase. It's really cool when I can stack brains/wands/etc to ramp up my stats, but because all the panels feel essentially random, I don't get to make decisions, only witness progression. While rogue-likes are supposed to be erratic, they are also supposed to be strategic, and the latter is missing from this title.

(Because you're trying to get published)
The only indie games that really survive on steam are either shitty with amazing theme / story telling / graphics, or amazing with shitty graphics. You need to polish one of these aspects if you want it to succeed imo.