Reviews for "The Bar - Chapter 1"

Giving you props for a creative twist to an old formula. I don't mind that the game is very short or very easy, because I regard this as a little test for the format. It works well enough; if you have more story in mind, go for it. We'll play it.

The setting is very surreal, from the three-letter name tags, to the barometer machine that really affects the weather (where can I get one of those?) to the ending of the chapter. I highly recommend you keep the surrealism going in future installments.

The only complaint I have is that the light-blue bars on the name selection were difficult for me to see clearly. Took me a while to get the in-game name entered properly, and because I wasn't sure what we going on, it took me a few letters at the beginning to even understand how the game worked. Had no problems with any of the other puzzles. Unless the puzzle directly connects to a situation with difficult visibility (say, you're driving in the rain), I would recommend using easy-to see colors on the sliders.

That's about it. The ambient sounds that change with the situation are a good idea. I'd even add a few more, like using a bird singing for the sunny day.

Interesting concept, solid execution. Ready for more?

Like most of the other reviewers have said, this is a good and interesting concept, there just needs to be a bit more to do. If you've got more of the story to tell, I'd be interested in seeing it.
Nice work so far.

There's not a whole lot to say here, besides it's a very simple game that could use more enticing elements. The fill-up bars were different, so that was nice. Also, the cliffhanger was kind of cliché, but not too bad. I actually kind of want to see what happens in the next chapter. Finally, with the next chapter, please make it longer than this one.

Overall, a very short game with hardly any interesting qualities. Much improvement is needed and I hope you see to that in the development of the next chapter.

Interesting concept for a game

Interesting concept. Quite the interactive game. I like how this is going to be broken down into chapters, because this first chapter is leaving me wanting more. Overall, I would have to say that you have something unique and captivating.