Reviews for "WDA - Brackenwood band"

omg!

guitar dude on the left loox like chubaka from old star wars!

:D yes totally xD

My God.

This is brilliance in a way words cannot describe, but I will try my best.

I like absolutely everything about this, the fact that it looks palpable to the the touch, the great choice of light sources and their respective colors, and the overall theme behind it as well. You have a great sense of contrast in this piece, I really enjoy the dark and gloomy feel. It's almost as if I can actually hear the music they are playing in my head! Your ability to choose colors based on how they would react to said light sources, and the curvature of the character's features gives this an incredibly realistic feel. I envy your skills and will continue to look out for other submissions from you!

Katatafisch responds:

D: thats so nice!!! you seem to have looked at it really closely and long, i cannot thank you enough, its a great honor for me

What did I tell ya?

;)

I had a feeling this one would make frontpage. I'm sure someone has stated it before I have but I had a stickle about the green skulls illuminating light, and how they don't cause any highlights on figures besides Lemonee. Other than that, well rendered my friend!

Katatafisch responds:

thanks brett! :D yeah i know what u mean and i wrote an explanation below ^^
but i think youre right ;)

love ya :D

Excellent Rendition

This is a great rendition of one of the most respected series on Newgrounds. The detail placed in each of the characters reflects the quality and detail placed in each of the flash animations that they are represented in. The fur on the Bigfoot and Bitey really look good with the glow and light effects added on to them, really giving them the image of being real fur.

The fire effects truly caught my eye since they almost stick out more than the characters. One can almost imagine the flames flickering around the smoldering skull hosts as they dance around the band.

But the main gem is the amount of personality put into this piece. Bitey, looking as wild as ever, is the lead guitarist, which is really awesome since you need to be pretty fast to shred on a guitar. Bigfoot on bass is cool since like most of the denizens of Brakenwood, base is the foundation of the group. The Elf on drums works well since he's full on energy and can use that energy to really bash those drums. Finally, the witch on lead vocals. Arguably one of the most mysterious characters in the series, her voice is just as ambiguous.

All in all, this is an excellent image with great personality as well as detail. Great work!

Katatafisch responds:

:D thanks so much for writing such a long review, you mustve looked at the pic rly closely!!! its so nice to hear such kind words! that comment made my day coz you rly observed the pic closely and almost imagined it being lifelike ^^
glad you like it!!!
greetings ;)

good...but I shall have to critique it "harshly"^^

Should I take that those characters are supposed to be Bingbong, the Lemonee Wee Witch, Bitey, and a bigfoot? Excellent job on Bingbong(?), totally captured his typical clueless look. You did very well on the witch as well. It is true that the bigfoot looks a little like Chewbaca, especially with the collar, but then again, so do the bigfoots in Brackenwood. Also, is that Bitey? If it is, he must have shaved huh?
Aside from that, you did an excellent job. The light reflections are all in the right place, they all look bada$$, and they really look like a band I would want to listen to. Stupendous, really.

Katatafisch responds:

haha thats great, yeah its bingbong, lemonee, bitey and the bigfoot
yeah i tried to make biteys hair fit the band guy look ^^
lol maybe some day you can hear their first song xD