For the month of January we have disabled ads on all E-M content. We need 168 people to reach our January goal of 3,000 active supporters. If we hit that, we'll continue with a new goal in February!

Reviews for "Can You Escape Love? An Escape the Room Game Inspired by Undertale"

yang beat me.

This game tries to cash in on the battle mechanics of Undertale (and has stolen art styles) with uninteresting characters. It also tries to be bigger than it is. HOWEVER, the atmosphere is cool and the music is pretty good.

HappyNew Year.

This is a decent game, but it does need some work. I think Polimeris hit most of the things that needs to be adjusted. I would also add some more puzzles, since most of the puzzles was just dodging hearts not really a puzzle.

This game is way too ambitious. The music is good and fitting and the "naive" design works very well. Here are some things you may look into:
-: Don't try to make an emotionnal rollercoaster fit into a 5 minutes gameplay. This is also valid for individual fights who go from "WAaAAAaaaaaahh MuuUUuurdeeeEEr" to "I have doubts" to "I am so saaaad !" in 10 seconds flat. I understand where you are coming from but in this case the results are comedy and confusion at best.
-: You either make slow bullets in a narrow arena, or fast bullets coming from somewhere outside the arena (like in Undertale, where the bullets come from outside the arena box). But you don't make fast bullets coming directly into the arena: it's just plain unfair.
-: Because of this last point, there is little to no dodging / evading in this game. There is only pattern recognition and safe spot exploiting, which I think is not where your goal is at.

Maybe I sounded harsh, but I liked your game and I understand some of the limitations you surely had to face going for an undertale vibe with limited time and a "short" project. Overall my only grief is just that your ambitions just weren't achievable within such a small game. The emotion domain is extremely hit-or-miss and you really have to focus on one point if you work with a limited time-frame: one or two big emotionnal punches are way stronger than 20 pinches. And big punches need time to wind up !

Happy new year !

Got the Happy New Year Ending! But yea pretty good game, loved the idea, the story and graphics were pretty good, sounds remind me of undertale, and overall great game! Good job!