Reviews for "evil dead: the evil cartridge"

i like it the graphics and game play but...if there was just some power ups like guns and i dont like that the house is the only stage...so my rate is 3.5 stars

juako04 responds:

thank you for your review and I agree, with you!
dont worry, you will have them in my next original game =)

Your zombie look like Vladimir Lenin !

juako04 responds:

Haha they do look similar XD

An excellently made game to waste your time, fast-paced and pixelated really gives the game a boost. Continue the good work, for a game made with limited timespan, this is a game that you would probably enjoy for awhile. A suggestion though, maybe make a little monster variety because the only thing that spawns are the average mook demons and the big red one, but for a small game things could get some improvement. A spiffingly made game thumbs up.

juako04 responds:

Thank you for your kind words! yes your are right, I should have added more enemies, but more time in this game means less time in the next one =)

While it may look very basic.. because it actually is, there's a LOT that can come from this.

While the gameplay itself isn't all that intriguing, you touch upon something that no one has ever thought about doing with an Evil Dead game concept: incorporate the splatter/horror comedy elements that all the franchise boasts to their naturally cartoonish levels. The pixel style isn't THAT appealing as is, but the polish you would find in a game like Castle Crashers is actually a weirdly charming compliment to the overall style. And with the overall atmosphere of Kunio-Kun/Crash and the Gang meets Splatterhouse, the combination would actually become something that would not only feel a bit modern, but would also be a perfect throwback to both the timeframe of the films, as well as the games that game out at the same time.

If you could somehow talk Tom Fulp into helping you further this game's overall design, and then somehow got Raimi's company to jump on board with it, you very well could have a very worthy Steam game that's a direct tie-in to the current Starz series. Just make the levels, throw in some power-ups for the fans, and get some fun, varying music, and it'd be a solid, fun $2+ game that would be both an absolute bargain AND something that people wouldn't regret purchasing.

juako04 responds:

Thank you for your advice. The problem normaly is that intelectual property owners try to be protective about the use of there IP. They dont want to damage the image of there product by releasing bad stuff. It would be cool if they want to make a bigger game, but I highly doubt it.

good game