Reviews for "evil dead: the evil cartridge"

Very cool man. I have wanted to make a Evil Dead game for years now.

juako04 responds:

Thank you! Big fan of your work, the idea of making a game tribute came from your game they live. Glad you like it!

I love the game and concept! Style was awesome too however I did not like how the characters would stretch and skew when moving and attacking rather than having solid sprites. For example battletoads gameplay vs river city ransom gameplay. Still awesome game keep it up

juako04 responds:

Thank you! I like both kind of animations. I skew the animations to make it more fluid , but I can admit that maybe some poses are a little too skew.

I love the game and the concept... Would so dearly love to see it expanded on! I love the retro version of the shack. Seeing the stag head on the wall and the trapdoor brought a smile to my face. Like many others, I think more enemies would be cool and mini-bosses, like Evil Ash, or one of the winged demons from AoD... Perhaps his girlfriend after he lopped her head off and his possessed hand... All of that would be sweet. Anyways, I am a sucker for Evil Dead so I give you a 5 and to quote Ash; "Hail to the King!" :P

juako04 responds:

Thank you man! Super glad you like it. I would love to make a bigger game but for now Im going to leave it and move on to new original ideas. Glad you notice the details, ofcourse there some big thing missing clock chair mirror, etc. Probable will make something for pico day so ser you soon =)

I did a new highscore 659!!!! yeah

Nice! Hail to the king!

Alright, I'm going to write this review now, before the Z and X buttons fall off my keyboard.

This is a fantastic side scroller beat-em-up. I love playing as Ash and friends, beating the crap out of deadites, it's the fantastic NES Evil Dead Game I always wanted.

That said, this game isn't perfect. The only problem I have with this is what some have already pointed out, the fact there is only one level and limited types of Deadites. If this was a game I had to purchase, I wouldn't expect to pay much for it.

BUT, since this is FREE TO PLAY NEWGROUNDS FLASH GAME, that makes it FREAKING AMAZING.

This game is awesome man, I really hope that, someday, we can get a sequel.

In the mean time, if my z and x buttons do fall off, you're paying to replace them!