Reviews for "evil dead: the evil cartridge"

Very cool man. I have wanted to make a Evil Dead game for years now.

juako04 responds:

Thank you! Big fan of your work, the idea of making a game tribute came from your game they live. Glad you like it!

I love the game and concept! Style was awesome too however I did not like how the characters would stretch and skew when moving and attacking rather than having solid sprites. For example battletoads gameplay vs river city ransom gameplay. Still awesome game keep it up

juako04 responds:

Thank you! I like both kind of animations. I skew the animations to make it more fluid , but I can admit that maybe some poses are a little too skew.

I did a new highscore 659!!!! yeah

Nice! Hail to the king!

It is this kind of retro fun that reminds of Newgrounds classic. More of this kind of game would return Newgrounds to its prime. I love how simple and yet addictive the game is. I feel ashamed but it took me a second to realize it was a River City Ransom parody. I noticed that first in the gameplay and combos, then I saw the sprites and was like "Ooooh". RCR is one of the best NES games ever, and this is a very faithful homage to both RCR and Evil Dead.

Alright, I'm going to write this review now, before the Z and X buttons fall off my keyboard.

This is a fantastic side scroller beat-em-up. I love playing as Ash and friends, beating the crap out of deadites, it's the fantastic NES Evil Dead Game I always wanted.

That said, this game isn't perfect. The only problem I have with this is what some have already pointed out, the fact there is only one level and limited types of Deadites. If this was a game I had to purchase, I wouldn't expect to pay much for it.

BUT, since this is FREE TO PLAY NEWGROUNDS FLASH GAME, that makes it FREAKING AMAZING.

This game is awesome man, I really hope that, someday, we can get a sequel.

In the mean time, if my z and x buttons do fall off, you're paying to replace them!