Reviews for "evil dead: the evil cartridge"

Could've been better if it wasn't so laggy (btw, I'm using Firefox) and if Ash turned left the same moment I was pressing the left arrow.

juako04 responds:

Sorry you had a bad exp :( the game uses the 3d card and some machines have problems with the flash player hardware integración. Hope you try it on anothe pc

Some nice visual polish, but I unlocked all of the medals in two tries (my first run I got 150 kills) by sticking to a corner and timing X button presses. The combos proved largely unhelpful, sticking to a corner and just pressing X to drive back the enemies worked perfectly. While the unlockables were neat (the female non-ED Raimi character was a great touch) and the pixel art looks pleasant, there isn't really any depth or variation, with only two enemies that never seem to vary in difficulty, number, or skill set as the game goes on. Unlocking the sprites kept me engaged, but now that I'm done with it the entertainment value kind of bottoms out. Pretty enough to expand upon tho', a fleshed out sequel could be fun.

I give this game the rating I did for one simple reason: The game ITSELF is simple. I've literally only spent about 15 minutes in a corner doing the "Endless Attack" sequence while only OCCASIONALLY moving to avoid the giant and unlocked every single achievement and character. It's mind numbing, and sadly not in a good way.

There is no music in the game. So, there's nothing to listen to but the sound of the gun and the chainsaw assuming you're still playing as the one character you're given, like me. The way to fix this? Open up a new tab in your browser, go to YouTube, and look up some tracks to listen to while you play this.

Animation is fluid, everything is rather simple, and the gameplay is sometimes sketch. For instance, sometimes, if not most of the time, the shotgun shots don't land a hit. Even if the enemy is directly in front of you, it doesn't land a hit. That can be fairly misleading.

Sorry to say, but I just can't find any entertainment value in this game because to me, it just seems to drone on and on until you make too many mistakes in your endless combo cycle in your corner to rack up the kills.

Not a great game.

It's fun but, the screen shakes WAY too much!

Great idea, but the games not very good cause they just stun lock you constantly