Reviews for "evil dead: the evil cartridge"

I love the game and the concept... Would so dearly love to see it expanded on! I love the retro version of the shack. Seeing the stag head on the wall and the trapdoor brought a smile to my face. Like many others, I think more enemies would be cool and mini-bosses, like Evil Ash, or one of the winged demons from AoD... Perhaps his girlfriend after he lopped her head off and his possessed hand... All of that would be sweet. Anyways, I am a sucker for Evil Dead so I give you a 5 and to quote Ash; "Hail to the King!" :P

juako04 responds:

Thank you man! Super glad you like it. I would love to make a bigger game but for now Im going to leave it and move on to new original ideas. Glad you notice the details, ofcourse there some big thing missing clock chair mirror, etc. Probable will make something for pico day so ser you soon =)

This game is awesome! Also, kudos to you for referencing Ash vs. Evil Dead the TV series rather than just the movies. I do wish that Mia from the remake was playable and that Ruby replaced Xena just so it could be consistent with the series despite what's revealed about her near the end of season 1. Also, more variety in enemies and minibosses wouldn't of hurt. Still, you did a fantastic job!

juako04 responds:

Thank you, glad you like the game! I didnt thought of adding Mia, but I think its a terrific idea. I doubt I would add her, because I prefer to invest more time in my next game. I think the game is ok for what it is. I added Xena because I think it would be awesome if in fact it was the same character that went evil. I know its stupid as hell. thats why it would match so perfectly the franchise. ;)

Very repetitive. Lot's of characters but no significant advantage in fighting style.

An excellently made game to waste your time, fast-paced and pixelated really gives the game a boost. Continue the good work, for a game made with limited timespan, this is a game that you would probably enjoy for awhile. A suggestion though, maybe make a little monster variety because the only thing that spawns are the average mook demons and the big red one, but for a small game things could get some improvement. A spiffingly made game thumbs up.

juako04 responds:

Thank you for your kind words! yes your are right, I should have added more enemies, but more time in this game means less time in the next one =)

For what it is (a quick little game) it's very well done. It has a cool style, River City Ransom like play, good sound, etc. I had a really fun time playing it. Once you get to where the red guys are spawning, there's not really any variety after that. Once you get the continuous attack down, that shreds everything except for the red guys. I'm sure you made this game exactly how you wanted it, so I'm not going to ding you for that. It would most certainly be more fun with multiple levels, more mobs, bosses, upgrades, etc. Again, I thoroughly enjoyed it (I got to 368 before I had to get back to work and let myself die) so, grats!

juako04 responds:

Thank you for your review! you are right, didn't want to make a bigger game because I dont own the IP.
I want to create a new game with some stuff as a base, and all the stuff that this game lacks, progression, upgrades, weapons, etc. But I think this is a good start to test some of the stuff.
Glad you found some fun in the game =)