Reviews for "The Cloud"

fun but depressing game with a great story, it somewhat accurately portrays depression in a albeit dramatic light. This why I always look forward to games from you guys! (love the story)

JackAstral responds:

Thanks- that means a lot :)

As odd as it seems, this game really means a lot to me. If someone were to ask me to describe depression, I would show them this. A day with severe depression feels like this. You're doing the same thing day in and day out without it seeming like it ends. The positive in your life seems to slowly melt away and your mind tells you it's not good for you. You slowly start believing that 'bad' is 'good' and it slowly starts ruining your life. And with pressing space just to get up...that's like forcing yourself to get out of bed every day even if you know it will feel like the same slow, boring day. And by the time that day ends, you ask yourself 'what's the point anymore?' and you just shove yourself and try to distract yourself from your thoughts.

I could be wrong or just thinking too much into this game, but the smiling faces falling from the cloud seem to almost represent people and social anxiety. One person too many and you're sent spiraling into a bout of panic attacks that overwhelm you.

And as I play on and the levels get faster, the smiling faces and the rush of the cloud seem to also represent people wanting you to get happy as fast as you can without your input, leading to you avoiding help.

And as sad as it is, sometimes it's too much and there's nothing we can do to stop them from wanting to end it all.

I love how you didn't even bother to animate walking. But still...

JackAstral responds:

lol I should probs patch that in shouldn't I :b Thanks for playing !

Extremely Cool and sad. 5 stars because of how good this looks, good soundtrack and I cried. thank you 08jackt for making a really cool and sad game. This was really fun and hard. I loved this game and it is one of my favorites.

Thanks- I appreciate it!

your game is dark and depressing fits me perfectly