For the month of March we have disabled ads on all E-M content. We need 84 people to reach our goal of 3,000 active supporters. If we hit that, we'll continue with a new goal in April!

Reviews for "The Cloud"

As odd as it seems, this game really means a lot to me. If someone were to ask me to describe depression, I would show them this. A day with severe depression feels like this. You're doing the same thing day in and day out without it seeming like it ends. The positive in your life seems to slowly melt away and your mind tells you it's not good for you. You slowly start believing that 'bad' is 'good' and it slowly starts ruining your life. And with pressing space just to get up...that's like forcing yourself to get out of bed every day even if you know it will feel like the same slow, boring day. And by the time that day ends, you ask yourself 'what's the point anymore?' and you just shove yourself and try to distract yourself from your thoughts.

I could be wrong or just thinking too much into this game, but the smiling faces falling from the cloud seem to almost represent people and social anxiety. One person too many and you're sent spiraling into a bout of panic attacks that overwhelm you.

And as I play on and the levels get faster, the smiling faces and the rush of the cloud seem to also represent people wanting you to get happy as fast as you can without your input, leading to you avoiding help.

And as sad as it is, sometimes it's too much and there's nothing we can do to stop them from wanting to end it all.

This is the kind of game that makes me wonder... are u ok? You're not thinking anything drastic are you?

As for the game, I liked the use of the grey scale and the repetitive game play to hammer in the feelings of depression. Noticed that this isn't your first game to touch on the subject. Sometimes finding a measure of self worth can be pretty tough, and dealing with depression isn't a walk in the park. Nice game.

JackAstral responds:

I'm planning a project right now simply called "Jack" that goes super introspective and into these kinds of things- my anxieties and fears, that kinda stuff. I like making stuff that's honest. When I'm happy, I create stuff that's happy. When I'm not so much, I make stuff that reflects that. My projects might seem kinda bipolar because I am a little too, I guess :b

Thanks for playing, and for your thoughts !

fun but depressing game with a great story, it somewhat accurately portrays depression in a albeit dramatic light. This why I always look forward to games from you guys! (love the story)

JackAstral responds:

Thanks- that means a lot :)