Reviews for "The Cloud"

I believe it's worth it.
Me myself is suffering from SAD, well not that serious, but just hanging in there, and I can really feel the words in the game. It's not like I want it or I do not want it, it just happened. No can do. I'm not actually avoiding the happiness, but the depression just happened, without a sign. Without a reason too. Well, anyway, I am still seeking for hope. Just, I want to see all the reasons that suicide is not the way. Maybe that is the part a part of me wish to see in the game, although I always liked your way expressing the depression.
I like the graphics, nice as usual, good music, and the darkening effect in the cloud mini-game. But I think the same mini-game repeating might be a little boring for most gamer. There could be variation, and maybe, let there be a little color at first, and slowly fade out every day. Well that makes the hopelessness more convincing to me. I personally like the heart-chasing-sadness mini-game very much, hope it could be a bit longer. On the other hand, I found the sound effect when you put down the gun and waking up a little annoying. Maybe the pull off gun part could be a bit more depressing. The image seems a little over-pixelized that makes it hard to differentiate where to jump on (frustrated for Saturday XD). Another thing, I don't really get the tempo of the dashing thing in the cloud mini-game, but that's okay, I think I'm just a bit too lame for it.
Overall, a nice one, but can be improved compared to the other works of you.
Thank you for the enjoyable game.

Oh, and looking forward to Alula 3. :)

Thanks :)

had potential but the repetitiveness really ruined the whole game.

JESUS FUCKING CHRIST! I JUST WANTED TO SEE A KID SHOOT HIMSELF!! WHY DID YOU MAKE IT SO HARD AND MONOTONOUS! Okay, okay, I've calmed down. Man, this game was freaking boring and 90% of it didn't even make any sense. What was that thing about weekends holidays and how much depression sucks during the winter? That wasn't even a coherent thought. Look, I know this is supposed to be an artsy game but don't be freaking Jackson Pollack and throw random words together that are edgy enough to cut diamonds. See the game "Everyday The Same Dream" if you want to see a really good artsy game. I'm sorry 08jackt, I'm really not trying to be a troll but this game made me want to shoot myself after the 4th time I had to endure the happy faces of cloudiness. Btw, why did you make the cloud rain happy faces you had to avoid while in the dream sequence you were collecting frowny faces? That doesn't make sense either but whatever, its ARTSY so it doesn't have too. I hate to be this guy but man you strung me along the path, making me go through all of those hours of torment when it came to those clouds but I kept going just to see what would happen. Just add some variety and some freaking sense into your game and it would be awesome.

JackAstral responds:

It was referencing Seasonal Affective Disorder (ie: when you feel depressed around winter)

The faces symbolise the main character avoiding happiness, while sticking to his depressive thoughts.

The game is only like 12 minutes long, tops

Thanks for giving it a go anyway though- it's definitely not everyone's kinda thing :b

A sad and depressing game, it really makes you feel about others and what and why they've killed themselves. This game has a very good story, but fits into more of a short movie on Newgrounds over a game. The gameplay is okay, but all it is, is repeating the same challenges with faster movement, but it taking longer to complete. I really think the gameplay shouldn't be in here, but I do like how it shows you the day of the week and you control where to go. I also like the terrain, and the gray look. The music fits the game, but like I said it should only be a movie. I didn't actually beat the game, I only got to Thursday, but it was just annoying how long it takes and if you get hit a little bit, you die by the smiles. The reason I rated it so high, by the way, it's because of the story and that is it. Thank you for making the game, 08jackt!

Literally nothing makes me hate a game except repetitive gameplay that not only is annoying but becomes dragged out and aggressive enough to make the player spend over ten minutes trying to complete one level. I like the idea behind the game, and if the game were designed better, I'd enjoy playing it. However, as it is right now, this isn't interesting or good enough to be worth as much of my time as I put into it.

JackAstral responds:

It took you 10 minutes to beat the cloud parts? They should only be about 2 or 3 minutes each, at the most.

The game itself is only about 12 minutes long