Reviews for "My Very Own Lith"

Motherf***er. I got my first ending; Cheat Death, and then i'm greeted by that insidious message, won't spoil what it is for the others, i guess it could be considered a spoiler of sorts, and i'm like "Why would you deprive me of knowing what happens next!". Never thought that this game would carry so much emotion with it, never thought I would become so invested, and yet here I am, after suppressing tears, and feelings of joy swelling within me. Did not expect to get attached, did not expect it at all, guess it's just more credit to the writing, which is, by the way phenomenal, especially for the doors. This is my first path that I have taken, and being the completionist I am, i'm looking forward to seeing whether the others are just as good.

Don't know how much of the game you have to finish, but keep up the good work, because I thoroughly enjoyed it.

Lithiers responds:

Yeah, you found what is commonly considered one of the "best" endings currently available x3 Lucky lucky! And hey, some threads have to end somewhere :P The point you reached was effectively the ending of this story, and the beginning of another. Hope you enjoy exploring everything else this game has to offer, and thanks for your kind words!

"He offers you a smile, but somehow you can't help feeling you've let him down."

THIS GAME IS BREAKING MY HEART. I've tried a few different files to try and see if that line of dialogue can be changed, and so far nothing changes it. Your character is so damn well written, I love it! How else can you be supported?

Lithiers responds:

Haha, always glad to have had an impact on people! Glad you've enjoyed! ^.^ And I mainly ask folks to support on Patreon, I link it in the game a few places, including in the art you see when you pass the game's halfway point. If that won't work for you, I also have a paypal link on my blog. Either way, thanks for your feedback, and thanks for thinking of me! :3

Fantastic game. I love the myriad of ways there are to play and the artwork is superb. My favorite ending by far is when Lith leaves you and you stay alone long enough. Its such a creepy ending to an otherwise lighthearted game. Great work.

Lithiers responds:

Glad you dig it! Thanks! ^.^ And I think if you get into the real lategame stuff, you may hesitate to describe the game as "lighthearted" overall xP I go for a variety of experiences with this...

I came back after playing and theres this weird thing were theres a bunch of jibberish text and every option says button 1 is a button and I can't make a new game

Lithiers responds:

That's how I see the game before I've loaded any of the actual programming. If you're seeing it, the game failed to load for you. It's pretty hefty these days! Try ctrl+f5 and see if you can force it to try loading again?

Okay, this game is a masterpiece. I haven't seen many text-based games in recent years (the Crypt Shyfter series being the only one), and NONE of them have been this good.

The way that your character can evolve is great, and after the doors and the *MINDFUCK* begins, it only seems to enunciate that. The evolution of Lith is even better, as she (I played with Lith as a female) is a truly three-dimensional character. Just comparing her personality when you're being a kind master versus when she's dominating you is amazing, and she is just so adorable that it hurts!

Speaking of hurting, as the story progresses and more is revealed about her, it begins tugging at your heartstrings; when her backstory is slowly unveiled, my heart ached, and after exploring the second and third doors, it only intensified. After the fourth... I teared up. That's how good this is; the only other time I've teared up like this is over Tali at the end of the Mass Effect trilogy, and they had three whole games to implant and nurture that connection.

The story, even after the *MINDFUCK* sets in, is still engaging and well made, and still manages to remain mostly coherant (minus the third door, which seems to have its true nature shrouded). The fourth, at least in my mind, also kinda answers some of the third's raised questions, although not directly; moreso in a philosophical way, philosophical context being a major theme throughout this game.

I haven't even finished the fourth door, so I don't know if that is really the end or if there is still more to go, but all I know is that this game is full of THE FEELZ and I love it!

Lithiers responds:

Hey, great to hear you enjoyed! And yes, you're at the start of the game's final chapter, which is as far as I've written so far (though as of this message I just added another chunk to that). I hope you enjoy the game's conclusion as it unfolds from here ^.^ And thanks for the awesome review!