Reviews for "Welcome to Winkletown"

This is not a Roguelike.

But its nice

It was fun, but could be frustrating when you could figure out the traits. It would be a lot better if you could go back and try again immediately and still solve the case even if you arrested the wrong person.

It gets a bit boring after a while, but I really love the style; the music; the sound effects (except perhaps for the typing one, which I think is a little too loud); and the overall idea. I particularly like how the game is randomly generated, from the crimes to the names, personalities and figurines. I also like their sentences once the trial is done (be it successful or not).

Something that is not actually a very bad thing, but felt sort of pointless is having several locations. I guess it was supposed to increase the difficulty by increasing the number of possible suspects, but it felt a bit artificial the way it was done.

Anyway, great game. Enjoy a solid 90% rating.

I've been looking to refind this game for ages, since finding it on Bart Bonte's website a while ago, I believe. An amazing game, cute graphics, and original concept. I love the way your art style is, it gives a familiar feeling (although that may just be because I've played this game before, haha) and makes you feel all comfortable and warm inside. And stuff. :D

Chaz responds:

Thanks for the kind words! :)

Your my New Favorite Dev Ever :D

Chaz responds:

Thanks, that means a lot!