Reviews for "Dobuki's Epic Journey"

This RPG fully deserves to be called epic! The subsequent problems to solve was sometimes extremely hard to guess, you always had to think "out of the box", because you never knew where the solution might be. I would risk a statement that it is the best (or one of the best) RPGs here on Newgrounds, it hooked me so much that I played it for last two days. And I am damn proud to be the first one to finish this! What's more? Great music, I always liked electro and dance tunes. Summarizing: my new favourite! All 5 stars from me, even with the problems with Firefox mentioned in the review before. If you will be making anything like this in the future - just let me know :-)

jacklehamster responds:

Wow, I'm so glad you liked it!

Cute, but where are the cancel buttons? I tried using the apple and I can't exit it out. Also I couldn't back out of the move selection screens. It would be nice to add a back button to these.

jacklehamster responds:

I'm working on that bug. Thanks for the feedback!

Love the game it's very fun but my screen keeps going black every time I try to go up in the cave where you get Berdy.

The characters are kinda cute, and the dialogue is definitely amusing. Buuuuut.... 1) This game freezes quite a bit in Firefox 2) The room-changing mechanism isn't very consistent and often leaves you clicking around trying to get in somewhere 3) The inventory button is in a terrible place and the ability to click on Dobuki to load the inventory screen is redundant and annoying during gameplay 4) The difference in strengths between the initial enemies (Slimo) and the next level of enemy (Bat) is too big, leaving you getting your butt kicked by Bats whenever you can't run away 5) The mouse-only navigation is a little annoying. I'd suggest WASD movement, getting rid of the circular zones you need to both click on AND walk on to change screens, and maybe adding a fast-travel map. Cute graphics, fun dialogue, and Emperor Lik Wang got you 3 stars.

jacklehamster responds:

Yeah some enemies get a bit strong, but you do upgrade your character and get better gear at the game progress.
Thanks for the feedback, i'll keep that in mind.

I like this game but there are too many glitches made me have to reset and lost my progress, please fix it.

1.sometimes you can open inventory in the cave(usually when finish a fight), then you can not close the inventory screen so you have to restart.

2.in fight, after you equip the broad sowrd, sometimes you can not attack the enemy and the fight command screen disappear. This also made me have to restart the game/ lost progress

jacklehamster responds:

Yah, I'm working on that inventory issue. Thanks for the feedback!