Reviews for "Perilous Journey"

It's a fun little retro game. It can hurt your ears when turning the volume up. Thankfully there is a mute button for when the sound effects are to much, or just simply lower the volume. As for the leaderboard: you really have to grind a lot when you encounter bosses that spawns enemies in order the get the highscore. The medals systems needs a little bit of work, because I couldn't get the tiger orange medal on my fifth try. It's probably a bug or I haven't played the game enough to earn it. It's good for what it is: a homage to classic arcades.

FIL1994 responds:

Thanks for the review. You will get a higher score by beating the level quickly. I should have put a timer on the levels to show how quickly you need to beat them to get bonus points. If you reload the game and click to start it, the medal might unlock. I added a save feature to the game.

Fun game, but the medals only seem to work when they feel like it. I beat the game five times, yet the first time I didn't get some of the boss medals, and despite killing probably a thousand enemies I still don't have some of the medals for killing a certain number of enemies. I see other people got them, so they seem to be possible to get.

This game is good, consider adding auto-fire holding the button down.

FIL1994 responds:

Thanks for the review. I'll add auto-fire and a save game feature tomorrow.

Sorry to write - Invaders without invaders... :(

A lot of these medals don't work. I have killed 10 two shot monsters and have met the requirements for other medals but they aren't unlocking, but other than that its a pretty decent retro space shooting game.