Reviews for "DESEEDER"

The music is just perfect!

^^ Thank you!!

awesome game i wont say its addictive but it has some awesome potential if u are gonna update it try to use the left and right arrow keys for movements since the blocks come to close and going up cant help since we die intially if we miss the object and try to improve the clarity and slow down the space ship a little and there should be like tips menu since i didnt know we can break walls by shooting and some ppl get frustrated since we got to dogde walls and ofc shoot weeds and try to add power ups like invulnerability or hyper booster or giga cannon (Shoots for seconds) if too boring the energy crystals can be used to upgrade things so that it can be more addictive this is my review (this game sucks litreallly and u sux) rea it opposite while reading the brackets like if i say bad it means good lol

Zanzlanz responds:

o-o Hey thanks for putting thought into how to make the game better :)

The theme of Ludum Dare was "Two Button Controls" and "Growing", so I incorporated both. That's why the shooting is automatic too. If I was able to use more controls, this game would much more interesting - I could have awesome powerups like you said, and maybe that helpful ability to move around more.

So... difficult! :O And addicting. :P Thought I wouldn't make it past the miniature medal for a while, but it seems your game design is always such that all you need is a little practice to figure out the strategy, or get into the rhythm of things, though since there is a random factor (I assume?) that final medal might be reserved only for the truly skilled; in addition lucky. Glad there is mouse support too, seems I'm much more used to such control in games like this, though it would've been nice if you didn't have to keep it pressed down to navigate. Overall, great game! Smooth, simple; with endless alternations!

-cd-

Zanzlanz responds:

Hi Cyberdevil! Thanks for the awesome review! It does seem that randomness is a bit involved, although I tried to minimize this as much as possible by having it check itself for difficulty, resulting in easier sections after harder ones and vice versa. Nonetheless, heart boxes for example are quite unfair.

I like the mouse controls a lot more than the arrow keys, too. It doesn't fit the "two-button controls" theme, which is why I added it after the fact.

I now removed the requirement that the mouse button has to be down. I didn't like it either. :)

I love endless games like this where you try to see how high your score can get. It has catchy music, colorful graphics and a great rumbling effect to add to the excitement of the game. The only small problem I have is that it doesn't seem to become more challenging as you progress, but other than that, it's a beautifully simple game!

Zanzlanz responds:

Thank you for the kind review CavernDave! It gets minimally more difficult the more you progress - I had a hard time balancing the game play for sure, but I'm pretty happy with how hard it is in general I suppose.
Also, nice score! You were so close to that last medal, haha.

tilted PIXELS are you MAD??? who DOES that!!!

Zanzlanz responds:

Us game devs have to do some CrAzY things to stand out these days!