Reviews for "DESEEDER"

awesome game i wont say its addictive but it has some awesome potential if u are gonna update it try to use the left and right arrow keys for movements since the blocks come to close and going up cant help since we die intially if we miss the object and try to improve the clarity and slow down the space ship a little and there should be like tips menu since i didnt know we can break walls by shooting and some ppl get frustrated since we got to dogde walls and ofc shoot weeds and try to add power ups like invulnerability or hyper booster or giga cannon (Shoots for seconds) if too boring the energy crystals can be used to upgrade things so that it can be more addictive this is my review (this game sucks litreallly and u sux) rea it opposite while reading the brackets like if i say bad it means good lol

Zanzlanz responds:

o-o Hey thanks for putting thought into how to make the game better :)

The theme of Ludum Dare was "Two Button Controls" and "Growing", so I incorporated both. That's why the shooting is automatic too. If I was able to use more controls, this game would much more interesting - I could have awesome powerups like you said, and maybe that helpful ability to move around more.

Very fun and addictive game. I enjoyed it very much. But why did I remove a star. Because the music is too god damn loud and annoying.

Zanzlanz responds:

You can press M to mute, or reduce your volume of course (it's already at -5db).
Gimme that star back! ;) Just kidding, I understand haha.

Thanks for playing! :D

Very nice graphics and music. But the gameplay could be a bit related on skill not on tough luck. The distances are too short and even if i can take additional heart i'm getting hit by second wall of "heart cage"... In general if the distances between player character and enemies and obstacles would be a bit bigger it would be smoother. Still the game is nice and fun to play so keep up doing such stuff.

Thanks bratpl!

Yea I spent a lot of the time I had to make the game more based on skill, but it's definitely difficult to balance an auto-shooter. That's why there are seed indicators, which are SUPER important to pay attention to. As for the heart, I keep considering removing the back wall, or moving it back a tiny bit. You develop an ability to tell when it's safe to get it or not, but I don't like it - as you said that's too much based on luck still.

Cool game. The pixelart is nice, but I prefer smaller pixels ;). Great music.

Zanzlanz responds:

Yeaa, if the screen wasn't so zoomed in, I think it'd be better for the gameplay. Thanks Leon-ex!

AWESOME! One of The best i have played in this Ludum Dare.

Zanzlanz responds:

Whoo! I'm happy you think so - I hope it does well with the ratings! Thanks! :)