Reviews for "Fefnir - Pilot"

Hi, it looks good and interesting, everything looks neat and professional. Actually We are making a animated series as well but it's in 3d.

Hope you find investors for your series!

Thanks Animatzen :D

I am only giving this 4 stars purely because i see a LOT of potential in this. This way if there is room for more praise I can offer it as this series progresses.

As I said, this has a LOT of potential. You set the stage now weave the tale! I am curious to see how you unfold this story. it definitely has the classic feel of Heavy Metal. I cannot help but feel some classic Norse influences with bits of Japamation thrown in. While it SEEMS to come off Swords and Sorcery I can see an Epic Battle of Gods in this too.

Well, can't wait to see the next installment. Then again animation does not draw itself and it does take time so maybe patience here will be its own reward from the viewer's end.

Like a boss my friend, like a boss!

FrameFreak2D responds:

Thanks a lot UrMonsta :D yeah I completely agree with you, to be honest we're not 100% satisfied on how it ended, we wanted this episode to look better, but it was our first animation of this kind so we made a lot of mistakes, but learned a lot from it as well :) hopefully we will make this work this year :D

This was nice, it could've been better though. For now in a short sweet simple review it's great: the premise is there, the concepts and ideas, the characters, animation, ETC.

In-depth analysis:

Art & Animation:

The graphic content as well as the animation are a bit clunky but fulfill the quota for a good video with animations. The graphics presented are amazing, with a bit more work an dedication I think you can make the ground look just as beautiful as the background objects. You could improve in sword fighting other than that I can't complain much with the animation which is unusual (That's a good thing).

Sound:

The sound could used a bit more development. some scenes don't look more realistic than they should feel from the animation quality that is presented in-front of us. Besides those 1-3 scenes I say the quality is AMAZING from the voices to those minor details you put in the sound with to the gates opening and ETC.

Concepts and ideas:

The concept of this world like many others is interesting what's more interesting in fact is the world is held in a desert which is often not shown anymore. You could try to elaborate more on the world those 2 women wanted to escape so it could bring more depth to the lore. Other than that this was a good concept with characters that abruptly appear before us.

Overall:

Over all this was a good Pilot for a potential series that could shine or fail but either outcome is fine by me since this was interesting. So let's recap with the review: The concepts and the ideas were good, the sound design was decent, Graphics and animation were amazing.

Scores for each category:
___________________________________________________________________
| Ex. Category: Score of 10/10 unless overall score if so then 5/5- Short comment |
|__________________________________________________________________ |

Art and animation: 10/10 - Phenomenal

Sound: 7/10 - decent could use more work

Concepts and ideas: 8/10 - Could elaborate on more parts

Overall: 8/10 or 4/5 - Could use a tad bit more work other than that this is going to be good!

FrameFreak2D responds:

Thanks a lot Lord-Araghast, it means the world to us that you have taken your time writing such an elaborate review, we're definitely taking all the comments into consideration and want to make it even better in the future, to be honest we kind of underestimated this project and overestimated our skills and resources we had at the time while doing it, so that's why it didn't ended as good as we would have liked, but still was a good learning experience for all of us :)

We're hoping to get this project funded in the future and this time we will make it right :D

it looks good for the pilot hope there is more to come

Loved it!