Reviews for "A Christmas Blackout"

Good:
1. Graphics
2. Music
3. Voice acting
4. Overall polish
5. Plot

Bad:
1. Linear puzzles
2. Too much randomness in puzzle solutions

Ugly:
1. Short game

I love this game 5 stars

It was fun to a point. Then stuff got difficult.

The problem I had with this game is it's lack of clues. In order to make a puzzle work it that it can't be too obvious and not too subtle. There is one puzzle I was looking so keen to solve and that's where I started to get frustrated. It was the most obvious solution, but it's in the most obnoxious place to find it. That's the breaking point. The solution IS too obvious but it's also too subtle. I don't know why I should look at that particular spot when the answer all around me. Were there any clues of to find that solution? No. I looked at every possibility and it just doesn't make any sense. That is the problem I had with this game.

On the plus side, there were some clever puzzles and the expedition was fun. Art was cute, but the voices... I wasn't fond of. Be sure to look at puzzles closely when you're constructing them. Not everybody will get it. Otherwise, keep up the good work.

I'm not happy with this game. These are usually much better.

You make us try to do things in the dark despite candles being available in the first room. Why can I pick them up? Why can't I use them to light the stove or fireplace?!?

Why give us 4 combinations to a lock and no clue on which one is the right one?

The walkthrough wouldn't load for me either - either on Chrome or Firefox....

SPOILER: I haven't ever seen snow in person so I didn't think of the salt until I remembered something said on UK TV. Also, by the end, I felt resentful that the kid, lady and mouse were holding out on you.

I did not enjoy this one as much as the other episodes.
The medal works, and I earned it.