Reviews for "Reactor idle"

It's clear a lot of thought went into the mechanics of this game, and I'd say it is very well balanced and a lot of fun to play. You don't need to spend a penny in real-life money to have a lot of fun. I can kind of see where people are coming from about there being no tutorial mode, but adaptable gamers should have no problem figuring out how stuff works. Good job on a well made game.

Very addictive game. I enjoy letting the money build up then selling everything and redesigning. Thanks!

Started playing on another PC when this first came out, took what seemed like forever just to get to area 3 (about a week). Started a new game on my PC, using what I learned before. About 5 days later, just got to area 3 (Region), using Nuclear Cells on the Island.

Tips for beginners. The start of the game is about spamming Wind. When you get Solar and Generators, upgrade Generators before upgrading Solar. As you get the better heat sources, keep upgrading Generators. 4 Generator 2's at level 47 can surround a level 0 Nuclear Cell without any explosions, at level 49, you can use 3.

Upgrade generators, place offices, fill in empty spots with research, walk away (figuratively or literally), and come back later. If in doubt, open up an empty text document, save the game, and if things go wrong, you lose 10 seconds reloading the game.

To Baldurans, this is a really cool game. Good job.

Overall pretty good but it does slow down much too quickly (as mentioned in other reviews).
It would be really useful to see how much each generator is actually producing, too. Without that it's quite a lot of guesswork trying to make it efficient.

I love this game! I have been playing since the day it was posted and am having lots of fun with it.

That being said, I have a couple of bugs (literal and figurative) to pick at with this game.

1. The generation of research points is INCREDIBLY SLOW. The pace of the game slows down significantly after the first couple of games, but the lack of research buildings beyond a second tier make it extremely difficult to advance in tech (and ultimately the game).

2. Some of the upgrades scale in a rather odd way. While I understand the reasoning for this, the advancement from one tier of heat generators to the next generally requires a MASSIVE amount of both research points and cash in the form of both upgrades and liquid assets. While it is nice to make big jumps, I feel that some of these steps are so large that they slow the game down trying to achieve them, rather than actually speeding things up.

3. Like the last 2 comments have said, I am no longer receiving the offline ticks when I start the game back up. This may or may not be a bug, but in either case it slows the game down HORRENDOUSLY. It takes several in game hours to accomplish what should be possible with the offline ticks. Without those, well, the game feels like nothing is really happening.

I look forward to your next game, or a sequel to this one.

TL;DR: 1. game is too slow 2. certain techs/upgrades slow/break the game 3. offline ticks stopped working/are gone(possible bug)