Reviews for "Bullet Heaven 2"

I've always been a huge fan of Danmaku games, so this is a breath of fresh air for me. I've been a fan of Matt's work since EBF2, and I was ecstatic the first time I played Bullet Heaven 1. It helped me get back into a genre I have forgotten about. So when I saw the Dev notes on Bullet Heaven 2, I jumped on it immediately. Does the game deliver though?

Yes. Yes it does.

From the simple gameplay to the immense (yet fair) difficulty, the game shows Matt Rozsak's skills in both level design and game design. However, I feel that there is a lot that could be improved. For starters the in-depth upgrading system of the first game is gone, and I feel that's a blessing and a curse. While this does make the game harder, it also makes it so you have to have skill as the player, so the positives balance out the negatives. The other big thing I miss is the Endless mode from the first game. I sank a lot of time into that mode in the original, so I was sad to see it gone. Or, who knows, it may not be gone and I may just have to beat the game, buy the full version, or am just blind and can't see it right in front of my face.

Overall, this is an amazing Flash game, and I will definitely be picking up the full game upon release. Masterfully one, Matt. Keep up the great work.

matt-likes-swords responds:

Yeah, there's endless levels in the expansion pack. Thanks for the review!

AWESOME GAME !!!

Okay,i played on another site,i just want to say this...I just beat akron with 137,190 pts...is that a good score?Or nooby....BTW GREAT GAME YOU DESERVE TO HAVE FANS.(and 5...)

IDFC about the lag or problems,i love it!

So addictive!!

Welcome to a real bullet HELL. Not like that Undertale bullshit, oh nah, this game is like you furiously studied ZUN's style to the goddamn letter. I FUCKING LOVE IT (if you can't tell, i love touhou)

Gameplay: Star
So so so so furiously hard, just like in Touhou fashion. and it done very well with attacks and enemies both new and familiar yet accurate to the main EBF series

Art: Star
The attack patterns are beautiful, enemies unique, and worlds vastly different. It felt like playing a true epic journey,

Sound: Half-star
My apologies, but, this games music still just isn't as epic and memorable as the main EBF series.

Story: Star
While the game lacks story in and of itself, it makes it up with great dialogue and hilarious character moments. I just would've loved to see Phyrnna dialogue!

Entertainment: Star
I literally spent three days straight ignoring all college work to just get a little further. Worth it.

ADDITIONAL NOTES: CONTROLLER SUPPORT IS LIFE THANK YOU SO MUCH