For the month of February we have disabled ads on all E-M content. We need 229 people to reach our goal of 3,100 active supporters. If we hit that, we'll continue with a new goal in March!

Reviews for "Bullet Heaven 2"

I have not played a bullet hell game that I have actual enjoyed in a long time.

I have to point out that someone before me posted about a 'poopy computer.' My computer is of the same type being an Acer C720P Chromebook with crappy specs. Regardless, it works almost perfectly on default settings at 60 fps, and runs smoothly enough with the built-in touchscreen. This is actually quite rare and is very fun to play with!

If you do read this, maybe there could be a way to have 4 players with touchscreen, mouse, keyboard, controller?

I won't lie, certain levels on higher end difficulties just kind of pass this wall of idiotic difficulty.

Enemies, in my opinion, shouldn't forcibly emit projectiles on death. This creates a huge issue where even if you can kill them all properly, it's sometimes better to just sit there and dodge their puny alive attacks and not have to deal with their dead effects. Maybe that's intentional, I dunno.

Further, I'm at the 2nd to last desert bit trying it on heavenly difficulty, and there are some waves that just seem to cross into unfair. Giant wad of blue line shooters with shield bros is pretty devious. One wrong step and even the most creative tactics make their wall of lead completely undodgeable, and continues to be true even after you rush to wipe out one half.

That same level also exercises that whole shield deal, with intentionally leaving shields hooked up to multiple mage things, meaning you have to wipe out all of them more often than not, and then you proceed to delay bringing said group on screen by several seconds.

I end up just bombing the early rounds because of how stupid that gets in itself, but I guess Anna's bombs can't kill shielded opponents while Lance can? How in the hell does bombs have vastly different abilities make sense in balance I dunno, because all the characters have tradeoffs outside of bombs already.

Great game, but I feel a lot of the attempts to make the game harder just get god damned absurd and randomly seem to gravitate around low blows in short bursts, then not later. Weird shit.

matt-likes-swords responds:

Don't worry, it gets a lot harder later on!

A bullet heaven pro: I am so gud at this game. I even got 3 stars on almost all of the levels and bosses on the highest difficulty! All I have left now is the final boss! Let's turn it up and rek that guy!

*2 minutes later*

WAKE ME UP
WAKE ME UP INSIDE
CAN'T WAKE UP
WAKE ME UP INSIDE
SAVVVVEEEEEEE MEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!

*666 years later*

Finally! I beat him! Wait, there DLC? With 9 optional bosses plus a survival mode at each world?! Well, I ded.

Like it, but the medals are hard!

holy sh....