Reviews for "You Are The Victim"

nice but, these people are crazy. they think im the murderer becuase im at the edge of the camera with a body. wierd people huh.

Alon-Tzarafi responds:

Thanks. The game was updated and the camera tracking has been improved

For those who have trouble understanding what this is referring to: This author is trying to show what's happening in Israel. Green is the color of the Palestinian flag, and Blue is the color of the Israeli flag. In Israel, there has been a recent spate of Palestinian terrorists stabbing Israelis everywhere from bus stops to malls. However, the media covers the police response to these stabbings, portraying the killed Palestinians terrorists as victims of genocide and racism (as shown by the difficulty of completing the game shows however, most of the time, the terrorists are arrested and treated at hospitals and don't actually die). The terrorists who do die get money from the administrations that is yes, meant for humanitarian aid to build infrastructure in Gaza and the West Bank. If you follow the crisis at all no matter your views on it, you'd see the allusions being made.
Now that that's out of the way:

GAME MECHANICS

I thought the difficulty level was perfect, but once you figure it out it's easy. C does a downward stab on a dead body (10 points each). Use X to perform a long range stab (also good for covering long distances quickly).

WINNING STRATEGY (Don't read if you want to figure this out yourself)
Stab as many people as you can out of sight of the camera quickly getting a score of 1200. (Only 24 stabs are necessary as they're worth 50 points each). Keep getting your threat level up if it isn't high already. Then, when the camera isn't on a trail of blood or a dead body get in view of it, and get shot by the police. NOTE: In order for them to shoot you and not gang up to arrest you, your threat level needs to almost at the highest.

The instructions were cryptic, true (minus half a star), but as soon as I knew what the game was referencing, I understood it.

Alon-Tzarafi responds:

Thank you for the review.
I've come to regret the original cryptic instructions, so I have patched the game to be clearer (while still leaving you to find some things yourself).

Wow... what a really cool little flash game, featuring the idea of victimization and political correctness. The game is relatively simple in design, the controls and tutorial are pretty straight forward(although a skip option would've been nice). But the thing that has the most impact is the message that it sends, especially if you actually manage to beat it. As always, I made a small let's play video of this game, right over here: https://youtu.be/Zc5r2rDqY98 . I got really hooked on until I managed to finish it, and it was really cool. This game could've been further developed but it's pretty solid as is and it will get a very high rating in my book.

You are the Victim offers a thought-provoking experience with well-crafted gameplay and brilliantly subtle themes on racially police brutality and terrorist propaganda. However, the "true" ending to the game and its kill screen go on for a little to long–a 'skip' button would be appreciated. And if you kill someone below right above the 'recording' screen, its dead sprite will flip back and forth, instead of simply staying still. Otherwise, I'd recommend the game if you are looking for something to make you think, or if you are into these kinds of games.

this needs a part 2,but with yet better graphics