Reviews for "You Are The Victim"

the moral of this game is very good, the author criticizes what happens every day in some countries like Israel and Palestine

Not my style of game personally, but KUDOS for portraying current real world issues. This is something that we all are dealing with; not only happening in Israel , but all around the world... we are being deceived by the media and most citizens turn a blind eye to reality. We are sheep, not even attempting or caring enough to find the truth.

Though the game as a whole feels unpolished, after a few tries I've grown to like this "crappy" feeling, especially the music(initially I really hate it, but once I get the hang of it it fits nicely), and some Engrish in the game, ex: "Collect all the blues", "Another Green Terrorist". Since the grammar in the end game message looks fine, I'm not sure if it was intentional. if it is, well done, a good combo for this kind of game. I also like how you top this off with
"And above all..." then cuts back to the title screen with "YOU ARE THE VICTIM", excellent design choice.

I don't think a game as simple as this needs anymore instructions.
I learnt all of the mechanics in less than 10 minutes:
1.Z stab, X dash stab, C ground stab (to bodies lying on the ground)
2. The cam is on:
When it sees you stabbing. (Penalty)
Whenever a body is in sight. (Penalty if you're being filmed near bodies.)
When you're shot by the police.(Bonus)
3. Your goal is to be shot to death, on cam (just as it happens. If you're dead before you're being filmed, you get the bonus but still can't beat the game.)

The basic passing score is 1200. Getting shot to death on cam nets you 400 points, so you only need 800 points. The rest is just luck and technique.

Alon-Tzarafi responds:

glad you were able to enjoy it.... eventually :P

שכחת את אל-אקצא ברקע

For those who have trouble understanding what this is referring to: This author is trying to show what's happening in Israel. Green is the color of the Palestinian flag, and Blue is the color of the Israeli flag. In Israel, there has been a recent spate of Palestinian terrorists stabbing Israelis everywhere from bus stops to malls. However, the media covers the police response to these stabbings, portraying the killed Palestinians terrorists as victims of genocide and racism (as shown by the difficulty of completing the game shows however, most of the time, the terrorists are arrested and treated at hospitals and don't actually die). The terrorists who do die get money from the administrations that is yes, meant for humanitarian aid to build infrastructure in Gaza and the West Bank. If you follow the crisis at all no matter your views on it, you'd see the allusions being made.
Now that that's out of the way:

GAME MECHANICS

I thought the difficulty level was perfect, but once you figure it out it's easy. C does a downward stab on a dead body (10 points each). Use X to perform a long range stab (also good for covering long distances quickly).

WINNING STRATEGY (Don't read if you want to figure this out yourself)
Stab as many people as you can out of sight of the camera quickly getting a score of 1200. (Only 24 stabs are necessary as they're worth 50 points each). Keep getting your threat level up if it isn't high already. Then, when the camera isn't on a trail of blood or a dead body get in view of it, and get shot by the police. NOTE: In order for them to shoot you and not gang up to arrest you, your threat level needs to almost at the highest.

The instructions were cryptic, true (minus half a star), but as soon as I knew what the game was referencing, I understood it.

Alon-Tzarafi responds:

Thank you for the review.
I've come to regret the original cryptic instructions, so I have patched the game to be clearer (while still leaving you to find some things yourself).