Reviews for "You Are The Victim"

Alright, so I was kind of surprised when I scouraged this game on the fresh page- played it, and thought it was meh- and yet to see it once more on the best games this month did surprise me to all living hell. At first I thought it was ment to be offensive, but now I've more or less relaxed myself enough to put on an actual review:

The gameplay is very, very straight forward- like 8bit games often should be: pick up your keyboard, read the buttons one to five, learn the pads, you're good to go- now go around and massacre random people whilst looking like a victim on the camera. At first however it felt a bit odd, given that the lunge attack seems to be very hard to hit someone with, as you'll sometimes just dash right through them: effectively rendering it only useable as a way to quickly get across the map. However, the stabbing-at the ground move was self-explanatory, and so was the stabbing one: so B- for the controls.

As for playing the actual thing itself, your objective is none the less- stab everyone you can see, kill them and stab them numerous times once they've fallen, and once the police comes around: kill one, and rush to the camera and remain there until you're shot dead. While it is easy and none the less straight forward as mentioned earlier to do this, the game kind of makes it impossible to seem like a victim when you're running about with a knife forever after stabbing someone- as oppose to hidding the damn thing to try and get off when the camera gets close, and pull it back out once the Camera's away from you.

The Graphics are, 8bit. Easy blocks, very classical and often reminded me of some form of an Atari game, and the sound effects none the less helped in keeping that illlusion up- although it lacks the satisfying blares of lightning that'd hit your screen after doing something epic: perhaps something to consider next time?

The music is VERY essential to an Atari game, and this game of course gave quite a bit of the music- going from steady, to more ecstatic when the police arrive, to a shrieking stop when you're arrested or killed. Fun and simple, as I like it.

Some points that could've been improved however, would be A: the lunge stab, since it's only really useable to get across the map. B: Some more visual effects to keep it up to ATARI standards, and C: A skip button for the god damn "It looks like... a genocide!" Since it'll just spam up and about for five times until it dissapears. Other than that, for it being such a simple game, it'll receive a four in this form of a genre.

Alon-Tzarafi responds:

I've taken note and fixed the issues you write about.
Thanks for the review!

Great message, fun game.

I love this game!

I have personally believed everything shown in this game, and have been waiting for a good way to explain or show my feelings and opinions. This game voices them all, and more then that voices them all extremely well, I'm really happy I clicked on this game and plan on being a supporter of your future games.

Nice little game, fun and quick. However, the message behind is why this deserves five stars. I'm sure you're going to annoy quite a lot of people with this, but hopefully some will see the truth your game promotes. Nice work, I would love to play some more games like this that highlight the stupidity of some of the messages that media promotes.