Reviews for "The Darkness Within Me"

Decent game, simple with a simple design and concept.

I also found a bug. The cross areas are always active until they are used meaning if you go to any of the spots and hit the interact button, the scene for that cross area will play. This also means if you go to the final cross area (the one in the area to the left of the building at the bottom right of the map) you can finish the game immediately.

JackAstral responds:

Fixed! Thanks for pointing that out!

I'm glad so many liked the game, but it just wasn't my cup of tea. I wish there was a skip feature when I had to talk to the red guy, because I felt the conversations didn't really help advance the game play at all. They helped with the story, but not the game play. It got to the point where I stopped interacting with the red crosses.

And it was a little boring just walking around. I really had no idea what I was supposed to be looking for.

But I can tell that a lot of time and talent went into this game. Good luck!

Well, I guess we know where Lincoln Park will be getting the lyrics for their next album.

JackAstral responds:

ahah I hope it didn't come off as too emo and edgy. It was more intended to be uplifting!

It wasn't bad, but you needed to look for the cross dude. Plus, to get the golden astronaut, you need to right-click first to actually access it.

I'd like to be more invested in the story, but the text takes way too long to appear, so I end up just hammering x and giving it at best a cursory reading.