Reviews for "Escape THE GAME"

funny :D

I like the idea of "breaking the fourth wall" (means having a character become aware of their fictional nature)

also love the concept of being a hero, wizard, and a pirate at the same time (which is not all games can choose them all LOL)

the pirate guy reminds me of Guybrush Threepwood (maybe he is Guybrush Threepwood, because he is good at insulting too)

Muja responds:

Thank you, I'm glad you liked this old game!

And that is absolutely no Guybrush Threepwood!!! Even if he talks like him, and he looks like him, and he has a similar name... That's not him!
It's a copyright free character! I swear!

:D

Very good game. The non-linearity is strong. The humor is funny. The plot is engaging. The graphics are good despite what the game itself claims. Especially the protagonist's emotional reactions are perfectly animated. The difficulty is respectable. Despite being stuck for a while in at least two places, this game doesn't gets boring if you don't know what to do, because the games world is interesting and diverse and there are a lot of options to try. Even the cursor was animated which is great. And lot's of medals. And a lot of funny cultural references from Arthurian legends, to classic adventure games like Escape from Monkey Island to Star Wars and Matrix and more. And good music. A perfect package!

Great game! I really enjoyed it, hope we'll get to see more games like this one!
Good puzzle-difficulty and funny conversations!

Muja responds:

Thank you, I'm always glad when someone finds out about one of my oldest games!
... The art is not very good, but I'm still proud of this one! :)

yet again another game with loading problems, is funny but is just too big of a bummer that I was going to get the true ending and suddenly when I clicked load it was black for some time and then back to the main screen, really a bummer I am going to watch the walkthrough and hope it shows the ending then.....

It also happens in zombie society, the one with detective that has only one part, except that in that game is just loading forever, I would give 5 stars but this bug pisses me off, and also because you don't get enough saves you have to start all over again and is annoying a waste of time just to watch another ending

Muja responds:

... I'm very sorry. I remember this game having a bug that I never had the time to fix. basically, if you save your game while being in the "wizards area", you won't be able to load it at all.

It's too late to fix it since I don't even have the original .fla file anymore... But yes, you can find plenty of video walkthrough on Youtube.
Here's probably the best one, with all four endings: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ow6M3Rht-8U

I hope that will help you feel better, I really have to apologize for this stupid persisting bug.

Fantastic game! Really enjoyed it (though admittedly I required some hints to get all the medals!) :) It's hard, funny and witty.

Muja responds:

Thanks a lot, I'm very glad you had fun!
And don't worry about using the walkthrough.. it's there for a reason :)