Reviews for "Escape THE GAME"

I lost the game. >_<

Muja responds:

Ahah don't worry, you can't "lose" the game. You can cheat it, beat it or even escape it (maybe).
But I hope you had fun anyway!

Uh-oh, I encountered a bug. It frightened and robbed me too. What a cockroach!

Amusing humor this is good for people who have played a few popular adventure games. I recognized the references only because of Youtube (Pushing Up Roses actually has reviewed each of these games) but on its own is funny and self-satirizing of the genre. I think it's pretty good and want to get the other endings.

Muja responds:

Thanks a lot! It's true, the game includes a lot of references for the hardcore fans of the genre, but I hope it is enjoyable to those Who never played a point and click before, too.
I'm glad you liked the humour, thank you for the nice review!

My only compliant is that it takes a bit to skip through parts you've already played through, especially the opening room. But the art style isn't too bad, it's decently animated and has a nice sense of humor through out.

Loved Ending 3 too.

Muja responds:

I know, there's a lot of dialogues at first.. I thought about reducing them, but then I decided they're necessary to give the player all the info he needs at the beginning of the game. Anyway, bravo for reaching the third ending! I'm glad you liked it, and thank you for your nice review!

I enjoyed this game. It was a fun and quirky take on a point-and-click that i found refreshing. The text was enjoyable to read and entertaining. Reminds me of the SNES game "Young Merlin" a little bit for some reason. I can't wait to see what else you come out with next!

Muja responds:

Thanks a lot! If you want to know more about our future projects, feel free to like our facebook page!
Besides an upgraded version of our interactive comic series "Zombie Society", there's something new coming up that should please all those newgrounds users who liked the fighting system of my old game "Street Fighter LoA".

As for this "Young Merlin" you mentioned... never played it, I should check it out - the title sounds intriguing

Anyway, thank you for your nice review!

This game me lost of laughs. Loved the various video game references like Sam and Max and Monkey Island (never played those games though) The twists to those endings were all hilarious.

I think my favorite part of the game is when the robutler sneaks up on our person and freaked him out so badly that his hair went flying and made him temporarily bald.

I will admit that I did use the text walkthrough to beat the game for all the medals (I wouldn't call myself a cheater, just someone that uses the various resources out there to get unstuck). But thanks to that I was able to figure out everything.

And who cares if the graphics were sub-par (to the character) what makes a good game to me is the story line, and I thoroughly enjoyed it.

Excellent job, keep up the good work.

Muja responds:

Thanks a lot for all the compliments and for your nice review!!

The gag about the protagonist's hair flying in the air is another reference to Monkey Island 2 - the same thing happens to Guybrush when he meets the fearsome pirate Le Chuck!
I'm glad that made you laugh! Both Monkey Island and Sam & Max series are very good if you like this genre!

There are also other parodies of famous games worth mentioning, as Simon the Sorcerer, Discworld and Hero's Quest - all of those are wonderful games!

Oh, and there's no shame in using the walkthroughs every now and then... that's what they're for!

Well, thanks again!