Reviews for "In Love with the Wind"

Simply superb, Lucid! The mixture of Piano One and Yamaha Clavinova lends itself well to the piece, creating a sound that is very full and rich. And by heaven, you certainly did bang this out rather speedily! I am duly impressed. Just one more to go, eh? Gambatte!

I am sorry to hear that your neighbour is so intolerant, not to mention rather unstable. The actual percussive sound of striking the keys bothers him? How utterly absurd, though I have admittedly come into contact with a similar ilk in my time. Such a shame, and I hope that he doesn't punch any holes in the walls with his bloody cane! Methinks he could use a nice, relaxing cup of tea...

All that aside, I do indeed hear some familiar nuances from anime and video games, and since I've been playing the FFX HD Remaster quite a bit lately, it would be hard to not make comparisons even if part of it weren't rather reminiscent of sections from the Ending Theme. But regardless of all those little moments of nostalgia, this piece remains wholly new and original...and totally you.

On a side note, I'm not sure when I'll be releasing my next track, but I am currently working on a little something for Pixel Day! There will also be another singalong starting up around mid January, though Step won't officially be available for mixing until February. Suffice to say, there may or may not be something before January 23rd... Time will tell! :D

LucidShadowDreamer responds:

Thanks a lot for writing another huge review! I can't wait to get my "revenge" on you :)

Yeah, I find that both my Clavinova and Piano One are good in their own ways, but none of them is really perfect alone. I thought I'd blend them, and the results are pretty neat. It's not the best available sound out there, but it will do :)

And I am indeed guilty of banging on the piano keys for sure. But it's necessary to play with emotion! Thanks; the final piece is a secret special that's already ready for upload on the 31th.

My neighbour probably has some real anger issues. He kept on banging full power more than a minute after I had stopped playing... I mean, yes, he can hear
the percussive sound from the keys through the walls, but still. I always play during day time, when youre allowed to. And sometimes he starts literally in the same minute as I do :(
I'm afraid that he's beyond being rescued by tea, despite its magical calming powers.

And yeah. That FFX Ending Theme thing is the only thing I intentionally mimicked, because I know Jordi likes the piece. I should replay the game too!!! I know that a few parts also sound a bit like the FF7 soundtrack (like the Piano Collections arrangement of Tifa's Theme).
I'm glad to hear that this sounds original in the end though; I worked really hard on this piece today. I wanted it to still have that LSD quality to it, of course. Wouldn't want to disappoint :D

Oh yes! I can't wait to hear something new from you, as I've probably already told you a few times!! :O

I'm looking forward to your Pixel Day track, and of course, for yet another of the amazing singalongs!

Be well, my friend :3

This is really something else my friend! I´m impressed that you where able to keep recording with that fucking neighbour knocking on the walls.You are true artist man,you deserve all my stars.

LucidShadowDreamer responds:

Thanks a lot for the compliments, and for actually reading through my rant about my neighbor :p
Luckily, I am so used to my neighbor now that I can just lose myself in a track and ignore him, like I did here. But I couldn't try more recordings than 3, as I fear he might go insane.