Reviews for "Runny Square"

One of the best rage games ever. :)

The funny thing is, the game is actually at it's toughest at the very beginning, when the square's speed is constantly increasing and the timing for every turn is different. Once you've gone two or three laps, it's easier to fall into a rhythm. Of course, it's tough to stay in that rhythm. Fun challenge.

Thank you! :D

My game randomly lagging for some reason almost destroyed the experience

about medals, I'm not a fan of rewarding failure more than success.
if you're going to give a medal for failing, at least be it some amazing failure, at least like the 'crashing even before the start'

but 50 points for crashing 30 times? That was like 5 minutes of play

About the game, well, it's a simple arcade. Not much to expect. It's probably fun if it's not lagging

The main reason this game is so hard is because it lags, especially as things get faster. Nothing like pressing the button or clicking the mouse to move, then the square decides to wait a bit too long before actually acknowledging your command, and maybe this lag is enough you crash into a wall.

Sometimes lag in games is unavoidable, but simple games really shouldn't have any lag, so that's definitely something that should be fixed in the coding -- gotta optimize out something because your game lags and it shouldn't.

I give you two stars because your game works fine it's just to hard to get a decent score plus their is no nice background music.

NeithR responds:

Thank you for the feedback :).
I will consider to make it easier to get score and to add background music in the future game :).

I like these kind of simplistic games and it caught my attention.

However, there's a huge drawback which is the constant pop up of medals. They popped up so often while unexpectedly that it was hard not to be distracted by them. Every time I was happy to master another round, but sometimes it flashed, blinked, played a sound and hid the score, which was very annoying. Or is this part of the game?

NeithR responds:

Thanks for the feedback! :)
Sorry for the distraction, it shouldn't do that.
I will update it in the future (especially after I publish a new game this week) so the popup will be appeared after the player crashed :).

Edit(9/9/2915): Done, the medal popup by getting the score has been changed. This time it will reward after crashed only. Once again, thank you for the feedback :).