Reviews for "Sentry Knight Conquest"

BLOOD FROM SKELLYS,BEST GAME 10/10

Tyler responds:

There's no blood or death - the enemies take naps and drop their ketchup packets when you shoot them.

Blood from skellys (as viny said), owls and some slimes tougher than skellys, guys in hoodies far stronger than knights in armour... BEST EVER GAME 100/10!

seriously though this is a very good game, although my friend is a cartographer and he cri evertim playing this

I love the game, a very cool Run 'n Gun game, that will keep you here for hours...

But, i still gotta say the save system doesn't work, hope that you fix it soon guys :)

This game was very good and very well made, and no doubt deserves a good score. On the formal aspects I got nothing to add (sounds, music, graphics). However, it was also a little disappointing to me (and, judging by the other reviews, others may feel this way). I liked the other Sentry Knight games a lot, and I was expecting a tower defense type. Instead, this one felt more like a "bullet hell" type of game. Also, the spells options feel a lot more limited than before.

Now, I'm not criticizing the search for innovation. For example, the rescue of pets during the progression was a great and fun idea - not only for the upgrade itself, but the anticipation it generated, got gamers wondering which would be next, and its power. Many successful gaming series change a lot over time, but the sin here was becoming more action than strategy I think. A sudden change in the game type may catch fans off guard.

Tyler responds:

Thanks for the review! Yeah, this one was always intended to be different from the tower defense series - all the tower defense Sentry Knight games will be numbered (Sentry Knight 2, Sentry Knight 3 [eventually].. etc). I'll make another defense game at some point, but right now it's fun to spin the mechanics into a different genre and see how they play.

In hindsight I understand the names might be misleading - I just like to use the Sentry Knight universe as a playground for new things, such as different genres (like this game) and trying out story-telling (next game). Anyway, it's refreshingly nice to step towards talking about concept and searching for innovation in these comments; thanks for the critique!

hw to not crash game don't shot fireball right at wall while near it and ending the lvl