Reviews for "Sentry Knight Conquest"

Fantastic! The difficulty is perfect, the challenges are hard but not annoying, and the art style is great. Only a few things really seemed to bug me but hardly detract from the game.

1. Music comes off a bit... bland. Or perhaps cliche? I've heard music similar to it to much to enjoy it.

2. The skill select is a MUCH bigger issue and the reason for the half star off from perfect. Having to take fingers off the movement keys is near impossible without getting hit and I would much prefer to have an option to move them to right click or space.

3. Finally, this is a bug but its a bad one. When I get a medal, the medal pop up thing lags the game to the point of almost crashing my browser. I suggest setting the graphics to low on that or something because otherwise the game runs amazingly for me on full graphics and all graphics on (A rarity in flash games I might add). Though this may not be your fault and may be in the hands of the newgrounds site.

Sound design was great, made it feel great firing the rifle, and it was a fun game, nicely done you guys!

Tyler responds:

:D :D

Sentry Knight Conquest is a masterpiece. After the two sentry knight games, it feels like an amazing feeling to be able to move and make a bullet hell of my own. However, there are some issues in the game and a bit of features that would have made it better. Now most of these issues have been already said but I would like to clarify a bit more.

ISSUES:
The damage was a bit off. You never had that real sheer joy of finally one-hit killing that fucking shotgun goblin until you get ALL the upgrades. You only can one-hit kill a bat and a small slime, but of course, you could one-hit the little slime dudes in Square 1. I noticed there was a REALLY small extra amount of damage in every upgrade you buy but you never really get that extra OOMF until you max-out the damage. But hey, at least you get a cooler gun every time you upgrade.

Let's just say, the Fireball was overkill, the Ice Spikes was useful, but Plague Nova was a big let-down in short of a spell unlocked at LEVEL 3. The first time I tried Plague Nova was in the Grass Sanctuary level, and I thought it was really badass with all the purple smoke and the boom sound effect, but it was actually a horrible joke. I could barely hit enemies with it, and even if I cast it diagonally, it still casts the same angle. If you cast it while near a wall (just like I did at the Slime Queen level) it will hit nothing but the wall. Nothing else. Even if you cast it in the middle of a crowd, you still need to hope to hit at least something short of a wall. And if you do, you feel like the luckiest guy in the world. Please change it with something a bit more useful.

FEATURES:
A full-screen mode. Listen, my monitor is a bit small, and the health bar will at times, get in the way. I can't tell you how many times I died from a simple bat because I can't see shit. Please add a full-screen, it'll be really awesome.

Could it tell you how much damage you do when shooting an enemy, and add a critical hit feature to it. If it gets annoying, it could be toggled off at the settings. That way, we'll keep track on how much damage we're doing to an enemy and what to improve.

Take off the Steam Greenlight support ads, because I already one of the many supporters of the Steam Greenlight of Sentry Knight Tactics. I'm super hyped to play it but it gets pretty annoying at times.

Other than that, the game is AWESOME, and an excellent spin-off to our old bullet hell games (besides Bullet Heaven and Undertale), I'm super excited to play your new game :)
Keep it up buddy, and keep on posting game-making tips. You are inspiring people.

9.5 flying rainbow narwhals riding on kawaii potatos wearing rollerskates on Wonderland alongside a unicorn out of 10.

Tyler responds:

Thanks for the review! Taking everyone's feedback into consideration for the next web game; this helps

I hadnt seen the third survival omg so I did all the levels 3 stars before I killed the final boss.
In chorme it seems the medals dont all work..? 3th, 5th and 5th do.

Great Game that is challenging, engaging and satisfying!

Keep em comin!