Reviews for "It Needs Care"

At first I was really impressed, but then I soon realized that it just follows a simple pattern- Feed, clean, play cards, converse, sleep. Nothing is random. I realize that you made this in a short amount of time, which I am usually very generous on when it comes to ratings and this is a cute game that amused me but the fact is, when you have a Tamagotchi like game and it's just a pattern you repeat over and over again, it kindddd of defeats the entire purpose of a Tamagotchi game. It doesn't FEEL like you're taking care of the creature's needs. It just feels like an obviously programmed code. "Oh it's going to need fed, now it's going to need to poop, ect." I predicted what it needed perfectly, because that's exactly what it did. It never differed from the rails.

However, this can easily be improved, and I hope you do to make the game better. One feature that I loved, that made it different from other pet games, is that you could actually talk to your pet. I hope you one day come out with a sequel that adds a lot more to the game- by making it longer, giving a lot more conversation options, a randomized pattern of care with more to do, and maybe take out the evil part aha. I mean I realize this was for the deception jam which is totally fine. You did a great job, and this is my favorite entry so far! But you seem pretty good at making Tamagotchi games so I'm just saying I'd love it if you one day made a sequel and built onto this idea.

Wolod responds:

Every day always begins from feeding and ends with sleeping. But everything that happens between those 2 actions is absolutely random. It seems that it was just a coincidence that you stumbled upon exact same pattern. It's random after all. Thanks for the feedback!
PS: There'll be an update with alternate endings and more dialogue options.

I liked how the little squid were changing, the animation cycles were great and the background music strangely helped with the short story, the only thing might be that it was in some points a little bit slow, but hey! You've made a really great game!

Thank you very much!

i realy liked it it fit the theme and provided laughs but you kinda forced the ending.

Wolod responds:

I'm glad that you've liked it! Different endings were planned for the start. They'll be added in the nearby future.

Very interesting concept. I really enjoyed playing around with my "Pet" Only thing that confused me was feeding medicine to my "pet" as I thought I had to drag the pill to my "pet". Feeding it is also a chore as it sometimes wont eat. I had fun and really enjoyed the ending, but I do wish there was other endings. Example, helping your pet rule the world or have him/her become a peaceful creature. Personally I'd want to rule the world with my pet.

Wolod responds:

Thanks a lot! In future update multiple endings are number one priority.

What a fun little game you have here. A completely different take on tamagochi. I used to have one of those and it was really fun to carry around and play with it. I'd never expect it to turn into a cthulhu monster and demand a human sacrifice. Anyways the game was interestingly design and good fit for the deception jam, as such I'll give it a full rating. I made a small let's play video of it, right here: https://youtu.be/7RghVbiM4Sc . Carry on, I'm awaiting even better games for the future...

Wolod responds:

Thanks for the cool video!