Reviews for "Playable Poetry"

its a pretty good start to what i believe could be a good game. i think it needs some music to begin with. since the game is called Playable Poetry i personally would probably go with some classical music of some kind

Don't tying to sound like a jerk, but being one, this game is quite bad. Use plataforms like stencyl, it will be easier, and the result will surprise you. Cheers

I have played your interactive game
Into a timing arrow-jumper
It look easy until it is getting rash
Time is killing me,literaly

But I am glad it ended

Okay,I have plan to do to make poetry comment but it is will waste of my effort on this game.
As I wanted to says,it is playable but the touch sensing is really rude.
I mean,I didn't touch the clock and it did kill me.

Even the charactere when he sense plate-forme on the grass land,excluding the moving one.

Thought to be a challenge-focused player and program is not in my criteria,the charactere jump low and it seen to be heavy.

I would call it PAINFUL POETRY due of the frustration gameplay (the clock still killing me) and will only play it once,just for achievement,as I didn't notice at first.

It is never the end,there is never a wall
The road may be long but you can do it
Good luck on remaking and adding thing
And also,continue and keep it up

Pratice is the key of the developping

The game is alright, but I don't like it. I loathe timing based platforming.
A major setback at times, is the fact that i need to use the mouse to retry, instead of keeping my hand on the keyboard, giving me half a second where I'm not moving, which totally fucks up the level from a difficulty perspective. Implement WASD controls, and space to retry.
There is no replay button once I finish the game, so I had to reload the page in order to hunt for the explorer achievement.
Jumping off to the left at the start of the first level lets you fall out of the game, this may also be possible in other areas, but I'm not in the mood to check thoroughly.
I really don't like the jumps, a slight increase in jump height or movement speed, would be really appreciated, as most jumps are really cutting it fine.
The game looks cool, and the concept is neat, but it could probably do with some work.

FreakAM responds:

Props on locating a glitch I actually didn't think of testing since at that same spot i made made it so if you fall straight down you re spawn but i suppose people would just keep going left and eventually fall off.
As for WASD, working on it right now. For the space to reset though I assume that's only associated to one level where there is a game over screen but i could still add it there, also will add a back to menu button on last screen.
I made the jumps a bit difficult to add to the level of difficulty but if others find it annoying I shall try and dumb them down a bit. Thank you for your comments

The general idea of poetry-themed platformer is appealing to me, but the execution... Let's say that the are a few problems to be fixed.

1) Visuals - the background and the main character do not match. Possible solution: make the character sprite more pixelated. And reduce the head's size.

2) Animation - jumping on platforms can be really confusing, since the screen starts shaking when the PC drops on a platform edge. Sometimes he (or is it she?) starts sliding down.

3) SFS - no sounds or background music, which makes the game look like unfinished. Suggestion: try to find an ambient track with deep bass sounds, but that's just my personal taste.

Just like pointed in comments below, it's a good start and you shouldn't abandon the project, but there's still a lot of work to make it playable.