Reviews for ".:{Crystals}:."

loved it the music was so calming and inviting ,cablmed me down after I spent three hours stuck ina snowstorm keep up that great work buddy

Thanks!

That´s a beautiful piece with a lot of atmosphere you have here! Definitely hear your inspirations in this one ;) I really like the bassy pad you used here. Very atmospheric... The end nearly reminds me of breathing. Like some sound elments are like the breathing out and the others like the breathing in. Sounds weird I know but I don´t find better words here :) I really like the sound of the harp, which makes a lot of the ethereal ambience. The only thing which I think could be improved is the humanization of the harp (I always complain about humanizing in my reviews ;). It already goes into the right direction and doesn´t really sound like it is just simply sequenced or arpeggiated anymore, but you definitely hear it especially during the high arpeggios. What I usually do when I finish my tracks (if I have the time) is to shift all the notes I sequenced and didn´t play live a tiny little bit (around 5-8 milliseconds are enough I guess). It is important not to do it similar in repeating patterns. Then I edit the velocities. It´s important to give a small accent on the heavy notes within one bar (like the 1 and 3 in 4/4 or 2 and 4 if it´s a backbeat) because this is something a musician instinctively would do if he or she plays it live. All the other notes have a slightly lower verlocity but all differ from each other. If you do percussion stuff it´s also nice to use ghost notes, like doing constant semiquavers but some with such a low velocity that you nearly don´t hear them anymore. Sometimes I add a little randomization on the velocity at the end. This is a faster way to get some humanization but I wouldn´t recommend to overuse it because sometimes it just spoils the track with a sudden burst do to too high velocities or something. Anyway... I realized the review got long. Probably you already know most of these things already, considering the quality of your tracks but since I always complain about humanization.... Also: Merry Christmas! ;)

larrynachos responds:

Hoh gosh, that's a lot of feedback! I'll definitely work on humanization. Thanks, and Merry Christmas!

I think that the fact that I love atmosphere and ambiance is no secret at this point. So when someone pulls it off this well, I can't help but fall in love :)

The harp sounds great, and is very apt, considering that etherealwinds was a huge part of the inspiration behind this. I'm glad to hear that I've been able to inspire you too. You certainly have inspired me as well! Especially with your very fast growth, in music. You're quite amazing, to say the least.

There's a little bit of clipping in the track (especially in the middle section), but it doesn't matter, as it almost adds to the mood here. Great job, dude!

larrynachos responds:

Thank you so much for such kind words. I really appreciate it, LSD :) I'm so glad you fell in love with this song. It's definitely one of my greater pieces.

I can't hear any clipping, but there's definitely a crackle coming from my harp samples.

Thanks again for this review. Reading the feedback and praise is what I live for <3 Merry Christmas!

Really enjoyed the song! It reminds me allot of the Metroid Prime series. Regardless, I love the ambient feel to it, keep up the good work!

larrynachos responds:

Glad you liked it, TMD! Thanks for the review :)

I could hear this in something like X-Files or a crime drama. Really love this one. :) There was a situation where I noticed some clipping round parts like 2:05. I think it's the piano with the low-end. Should be an easy fix with a quick limiter or soft clipper thrown on. Also the song needed a bit more change near the middle. It kinda got repetitive after a bit. Perhaps a key change or something similar. The end pad/fx really added a certain atmosphere to the song I think worked rather well. I felt death and sorrow from it, but that's up to interpretation. I hear progression from every one of your latest uploads. Good on you and never give up.