Reviews for "Playing With Letters"

Great! The story is very interesting and was well-conveyed - it didn't seem pasted together if you know what I mean. The music at one point has a really interesting ear-static effect. It sounds very similar to bubbling foam in your ear (like that earwax removal liquid when poured in your ears). The music wasn't really my cup of tea but that effect was interesting. I had a lot of fun with this, and I actually was able to solve all of the challenges except for the riddle one (and the secret ending; I also looked up a word).

I usually have trouble with riddles and puzzles because I seem to miss the obvious answer and over-analyze it (or maybe my mind works differently from the authors'). I'm still kicking myself over missing the answer to the riddle challenge, but all the answers made perfect sense. Oh, and thanks for adding that bit about the, err, ungrammatical foreign language there (trying not to spoil it here). That was a thoughtful touch, because it would've bugged me otherwise. :D

I look forward to a sequel sometime in the future.

LucidShadowDreamer responds:

Thanks a lot for the nice review, and for playing!
Yeah, the story is really what gave me the idea for the game anyway. The first "puzzle" I came up with, was the final one. I was just lying down in my bed one night, and got the idea. I thought it was a really cool concept, but I wasn't sure if it'd actually work, or if people would get or even like this kind of game at all. Imagine my surprise when it did so well here on NG!
As for the music, I understand that it's not for everyone. The static sound was made in Native Instruments' Reaktor 5 (I altered one of the presets, somewhat similarly to this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3yPZdq9hb4o).

Great job for beating most of it on your own! My sister actually made that riddle, in 5 minutes. It fit the game perfectly, so I incorporated it right away.

And yeah, I have a habit of explaining things in detail, sometimes quite extensively too :p
Luckily, I've found that many people actually think it's fine, if not good, even.

I'm actually hoping I can start working on the sequel in a month or so! Now that summer is here - more or less - I can feel that it is time...

It's a great game. But I think you could add more. It really got the think the answers, but it's just too simple.

LucidShadowDreamer responds:

I get what you mean! I'm going to make a sequel eventually, so I'll keep that in mind. Thank you for playing!

Where Am I?

Where indeed?

ok guys, Vos Postergum is what to do.

LucidShadowDreamer responds:

Thanks for playing and for leaving a high score!

Nice, I love wordplays. My nickname is a multiple wordplay as well: on the one hand you could think it's a fusion between "Alone in the Dark" and "Halo" games series, but on the other hand I chose these words because they have other meanings in different languages, in particular "halo" can be translated in Italian with the word "alone", while "alone" it's translated in Italian with a different word... I think this is fascinating, but only people that speak different languages can grasp these details.
By the way, I've found more difficulties with the riddle and the first anagram that with the math one or the final answer, but at least I think difficulty is quite commensurate with medals' points.

LucidShadowDreamer responds:

Hi, and thanks for playing and reviewing! Sorry for the delayed response; always a lot of stuff going on for me xD

That's a really cool name then! I like wordplays, but as I don't know Italian, I certainly would've have gotten that one myself :)
I think it's indeed very interesting, the way you can play with words to create something new, and often even a bit hidden, which requires extra tought. I speak three languages myself, but I would want to learn a fourth one too, as learning new languages certainly doesn't hurt!

I'm glad to hear that the the medals are somewhat fitting considering the points. I've found that different people have had difficulty with different parts of the game. The math riddle is meant more as a joke though, and isn't meant to be difficult at all xD

Once again, thanks for playing!