Reviews for "TDR RPG: The Quest for Xirang"

Only one thing, the settings menu seems bugged, I put music at the lowest possible, but everytime I get to a new region, the music comes back (even though the menu didn't change and the setting is still at its lowest). I need to go back to the menu and touch the settings for the music and FX to be muted again.

Aside than that, great game!

FlyingColours responds:

Thanks for the review and score! Sorry about the bug; I must have made the music system too hastily. I'll try to fix it when I'm back home tonight. Thanks for reporting the bug!

Edit: Fixed, thanks for reporting!

This was a fairly original game. I admit that it did get a little boring at times. I'm not really into RPGs. At least I got something out of it. The drawings are pretty well done. I didn't know that was my health at first.

It seems like a game that's fairly kind to you. The sounds are nice. It's raining a lot where I am right now! For a game about a flood, it's surprisingly calm. I would recommend it.

FlyingColours responds:

Thanks for the review and score! The drawings are photoshopped from actual images, haha. I'm glad that you liked it and that you're still reviewing prolifically! You should get a 'Reviewer's Award' or something :P

Amazing game! Which level do I have to be able to fight against the guard in the far west in the City of Fengdu? And how can I get the first secret medal? I got all other medals, even the second secret medal, but now I want to get the Guilinggao Maker medal too. Care to share a hint?

FlyingColours responds:

Thanks for the review and score! The guard is for the next episode, actually. The first secret medal is for killing 100 times one of the enemies in the flooded town. If you read all the combat descriptions, you should be able to figure out what guilinggao is, and that will tell you how to get the medal. Good luck!

I love this game. I have always tried to give text based game credit because they require an actual storyline instead of just pressing keys and watching lasers and unicorns flying all over (Not that I mind the action based games). However, I do have one problem with the game as a whole...I keep clicking the wait for the next part button and my carpal tunnel is acting up. Maybe if I click faster...hmmm.
Anyway, game is fine "as is" but a little polishing and more complex puzzle would keep me coming back. Also maybe a slight replay value in having a lost soul that decides to follow you with their own abilities would be nice.
All in all,
Story: 8.5/10 read everything, except the fighting unless you want to
Combat: 7/10 nothing too spectacular but fun nonetheless
Sound: dunno, never turned my speakers on
Graphics: 7.5/10 I jumped a little (yes I admit it) when I clicked go south and that creepy old lady was standing there looking all kinds of pissed off
Mass Murder-ability: 10/10 I punched those piranha so many times I probably smelled like fish the whole way into hell
keep up the great work!

FlyingColours responds:

Thanks for the review and the score! I'm very happy you liked it :)

nice game ^^ after some lag loading game

FlyingColours responds:

Thanks for the review :) The game does take a while to load, and I hope it turned out to be worthwhile for you eventually.