Reviews for "Fathom"

Moar pls !

This little gem wowed me immediately. Redirecting bullets was satisfying and the platforming was tight, no slipping around etc. Had a slight metroidvania feel to it which was nice.

I would absolutely love to see this game concept extended to a longer game with a more in depth narrative, more powers, and some other forms of aggressor besides the turrets. For instance, using this power to redirect melee attacks could really add to the variety.

Have been playing this over and over, trying to complete the game without being shoot once but its tough. also, the final brawl against all those turrets is ultra satisfying

I super loved this game. I really dug the concept and I actually think it was executed very well. The character's movements are tight enough to be precise with your jumps but also floaty allowing the player to really play around with the systems. I really dug the little touches like the static whenever you either stop time or die and the little crackling sounds that accompanied it. Those really made me feel like I was tapping into an other worldly power. The pixely aesthetic was cool and I really liked the bright and vibrant colors of the world I was in.

On the whole, I feel like this game has a lot of potential. For instance, the story here is very cryptic and where most games on here use cryptic as a way to mask the lack of story, I think there's a lot to be done with here like exploring the character, how they got their magical powers, who's setting up all those turrets, and just where the heck they are. I think the mechanics could be expanded too like adding different types of turrets and expanding on the character's powers. I really dig how the turrets were implemented in some scenarios leading to some simple puzzles and I'd really like to see that mechanic expanded upon in particular with the addition of new types of enemies.

In short, if you can do this in 72 hours I can't wait to see what you come up with. You have yourself a new fan.

great game, but there was no consequence for dying at all.